Time Always Flies

Back on the Mother of Invention, where repairs were well under way, the Director and Counselor Price were standing on the bridge. 

"This seems like a major setback for us Director." Counselor Price says. 

"Only momentarily, Counselor. We will recover. The Alpha will need to be moved, though. Somewhere far from here. Somewhere where no one knows who he is." 

"He will need a security detail. Someone we can trust. Might I suggest Flowers, sir?" 

"Flowers? You mean Agent Florida?" The Director corrects. The door opens and Florida himself, AKA Butch Flowers, enters the room.

"Ready for duty, sir. And, might I say, I'm pleased as punch you picked me." Florida says saluting. 

"Hmm, we will need a good cover story to explain his disappearance. People will wonder what happened to Florida." 

"Leave that all to me, sir." Counselor Price then taps something on his pad. The three look behind them and see a display of the United States. Several targets lock onto Florida and it breaks apart into nothing.

"Very well, but security is not enough. The Alpha needs anonymity. A place where no one will think to look for him." The Director adds. 

"I believe I know exactly the place." The Director turns to Counselor Price. 

"Show me." 

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

A faint voice echoes, "Dr. Halsey, the boy is ready for testing." 

"Very well, bring him in." A woman with brown hair and blue eyes says. Then a boy walks with silver hair and aqua eyes walks in and lays down on a metal table. Dr. Halsey stands next to him on his left. "Are you sure you are ready for this?" 

The boy nods in response. 

"Because this is a path that is not to be taken lightly. Once you are injected with the serum, you will become more than a man, but will have no control of your life." 

The boy nods again. 

"Very well. Prepare the injectors." Four cylindrical like arms rise up from underneath the table with needles and a visible blue liquid is seen in them. Dr. Halsey places a hand on the boy's shoulder. "Brace yourself." She nods to the scientist and he pulls the switch. The mechanical arms then inject in the boy. He begins to shake from the transformation and grunts in pain. Eventually the pain stops. The boy opens his eyes and looks down at his new muscular figure. Dr. Halsey smiles and places a hand on his face. 

"You remind me very much of another young man I once worked with. His name is John, and you very may well be my next greatest creation of Spartans...Rex." 

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

Zone jolts awake, he feels cold and wet for some reason. He looks and sees he's in some sort of water tank.