Truths and Realizations

Zone walked into the locker room and saw York and North. "Hey fellas." The duo turned and looked at Zone shocked. 

"Dude I thought you couldn't talk!" York then lifts his jaw from off the floor. 

"I thought the Director would've told you guys...voice synthesizer. Underwent surgery a couple hours ago. Also got another voice I can use to intimidate my enemies." 

"Huh, sweet." North compliments. Zone rolls his eyes. 

"So uh, what've you guys been talking about?" 

"Well for starters the list changed again." 

"Yep, lots of things changing these days." York agrees as he opens his locker and pulls out his old helmet, looks at it, then tosses it in the trash.

"I think we've got more change on the way." Zone adds as he takes out a rag and begins to clean his visor. 

"You feel it, too?" North asks. 

"I've felt it since Texas and you showed up Zone and when cops and military started shooting at us, yeah, I find that I just keep coming back to the same question in my head over and over again. No offense to you man." 

"None taken man." Zone says raising his hand. "So what's that question that keeps coming back to you?" 

"We're the good guys, right?" 

"Yeah, 'course we are." North reassures but not confidently. 

"You don't sound so sure of yourself." York interjects. The three turn to see South look at the leaderboard and walk away disgusted. 

"No, no I suppose I don't." 

"Hey, do you guys know where Carolina is? I need to talk to her." Zone the puts his helmet on. 

"Uh, you sure you wanna do that man? She hasn't exactly been in the best of moods ever since the highway run..." York says nervously. 

"Just tell me where she is York." Zone demands not beating around the bush. 

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

Carolina was in the training with holographic targets circling around her. She spun and kicked every which way, not missing one until they all turned green. 

"Simulation complete: an increase of .23 seconds." FILSS announces. 

"Run it again." Carolina orders. 

"Belay that FILSS." Carolina turns and sees Zone leaning against the wall with his arms crossed. 

"See your voice synthesizer works." 

"See you've been getting faster." Zone pushes himself off the wall and walks towards her. Carolina ignores him before resuming her original fighting stance. 

"Run it again FILSS." Carolina demands once again. 

"Belay that." 

"Get out of here and let me train." Carolina growls. 

"Make me." Zone says smirking. "How about instead of targets we spar? You win I leave, I win you have to listen to what I came here to say." 

Carolina looked at him skeptically before nodding. They both walked to opposites sides of the room and looked at one another before they ran straight at each other. Carolina went for a punch, but Zone slid underneath and leg sweeped her. Carolina backward-somersaulted to her feet and back-kicked Zone in the chest sending him a couple feet back. Zone gave a slight cough before shaking it off.