Escape and Explanations

(In case you guys are wondering where I got the nicknames for the Insurrectionist ODSTs it was from this pic): 

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

(AND NOW FOR THE CONTINUATION!) 

The Freelancer team was now flying through space with Carolina in the lead. 

"I don't get it, everything stopped." She says as all the firing from the space station has stopped. 

"Maybe they're retreating..." North suggests. 

"Nothing left out here but a bunch of junk." York adds. 

"This is Four Seven Niner, I have lost visual on targets. It's like they all just left." 

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

"Sir, their outpost is disabled, and it looks as if we have driven off the remaining fighters." Counselor Price states. 

"Well, good riddance to bad rubbish Counselor." The Director says. 

"Indeed sir, all enemy systems appear to be offline. Wait..." The Counselor then sees something in the distance.

"What is it?" Suddenly a ship begins to emerge from the junkyard, igniting its engines. The words Staff of Charon clearly visible on the side. 

"It's a trap, they're hiding in the junkyard. Repeat, it's a trap!" 479er then accelerates her thrusters to rescue the Freelancers. 

"Evasive maneuvers!" The Director orders. 

The Insurrectionist ship fires at the Mother of Invention, hitting it several times. 

"Son of a-" The Director is then cut off as both ships cross each with the Staff of Charon firing at the frigate. Multiple turrets begin to emerge from the enemy ship and fire more rounds upon the Mother of Invention. 

"No!" The Director hits a panel in anger. 

 As 479er races to assist the Freelancers, an alert sounds on her screen telling her that nuclear bombs are in the area, about to detonate. "Guys, get out of there, they've outfitted that piece of junk with nukes!" 

"Go! Go! Go!" Carolina commands. The Freelancers increase their jet pack speed and head toward the dropship. 

"Get inside now!" 479er then opens the rear bay doors. Carolina, York, and the Twins manage to get inside except for who is struggling to keep up. They all look and notice him. 

"Wash, what are you doing? Get in here, use your jet pack." York tells him. 

"I-I don't want to end up like Georgia!" Wash cries. 

"Oh for the love of-" Carolina shoots her grappling hook at Wash's crotch plate

"Huh?" Wash then yells as he's yanked inside the Pelican. Carolina pulls the cord and the steel Freelancer hits the ceiling and the floor before the bay door closes. They all look through the window as the junkyard explodes.