The Heist

"Okay! Well, I just ran everything again. All calculations are up to date, taking into account standard delays for communication and response time. Our window looks good! Oh, and uh, about that other thing regarding Arizona. Techs finished with his voice modulator, it'll be ready to go after the mission." 

"Thank you Alpha, and I agree that our window looks clear." The Director confirmed. 

"Well, you should...I'm sure you'd make the same calculations I did. Just, you know...more slowly." Alpha teased. 

"Arrogance is a rather unbecoming trait, Alpha." 

"Are you...seriously giving me a lecture on arrogance right now? Pfft. Heads up, you've got a visitor." 

"Director?" Carolina asks walking up behind him. 

"Log off." The Director says quietly. 

"Yeah, yeah. Way ahead of ya, bud." Alpha then shut down. 

The Director then turns to the auburn haired Freelancer. "Yes, Agent Carolina?" 

"The team is ready, sir." 

"Excellent. Let us begin." He and Carolina approach the holographic screen where the Freelancers and several soldiers are waiting. "Agents! Your mission today is by far the most important you have undertaken to date. As our Number One, Carolina will be leading from the field." 

Carolina takes her position at the front of the screen. She presses a few buttons that activates a holographic sphere onto the screen. "Okay, here's what we have. As you may have heard, there is suspected Insurrection activity in this area. Our intel says that members of the UNSC loyal to the Insurrection have acquired a high-level asset and are holding it in this secure location." 

Suddenly the table formed a display of buildings, one being taller than all the others. 

"It's a hundred and ten-story building in the middle of an urban environment." 

"What does security look like?" Wyoming asked. 

"They have enough troops to fill a hundred and ten story building." She answered. 

"So, that's a lot of security." The British Freelancer muttered. 

"We're up to it." Carolina says firmly. 

A red line cuts through the tallest building and forms a dot at a specific point inside. "Our job is to infiltrate the building, work our way up to the floor where the Sarcophagus is being held, and secure it." 

"The Sarcophagus?" North questions. 

"That is what we are calling the primary objective." The Director explains. 

"But since this is a high-level asset, we need to access a key code to open the Sarcophagus." 

"I'm guessing they don't keep that just taped to the side." Wash states sarcastically. 

"It's held by an official of the program who will be moving in a vehicle along the freeway between inspections. That's when we'll hit the facility." Holograms display a freeway and several moving vehicles. One of them flashes red and stops in the middle, and an image of the official's face appears above it. "We need to acquire targets within minutes of each other. We fail that, the remaining target will enter lockdown and we miss our window." 

"We will not have another chance at this." The Director says monotone. 

"So that means two teams." Wash guesses. 

"Two teams." Carolina confirms. "Team A will consist of me, Wash, York, and Maine. We will work infiltration on the Package's storage facility. Transport will be two lightly-equipped Pelican dropships."