Hello Brother

Zone and the girls reached the facility and noticed its size. It was at least three stories high and had what looked like automated defense turrets but were facing the ground: offline. They reached what looked like the entrance doors.

"If the turrets are offline, then the doors have to be too." CT stated.

"No kidding..." South mumbled. CT turned and glared at South.

"Care to repeat that comment?" CT growled.

"Both of you, can it. CT, can you hack the door controls?" Carolina asked.

"I'll try." She cracked her fingers before ripping off the console and rewiring the junctions. Zone thought he heard something and immediately turned around activating some type of wrist cannon on his gauntlet. He aimed it at the direction of the noise and saw it was only a bird. It chirped in curiosity before Zone deactivated his cannon and extended his hand towards it. It twitched its head before jumping in his hand. Zone rose to his feet and rubbed his finger against the bird's head. It liked the feeling and pressed its head against his finger.

"What are you like freakin' Nature Man or something?" South said slightly annoyed at how he got along with animals. Tex face-palmed her visor at South's comment. Zone smirked underneath his helmet before raising his hand above his head allowing the bird to fly away.

"Got it." CT stated before merging two wires and the doors opened.

"I'll take point." Carolina said pointing her Magnum at the entrance. The rest followed with Zone covering the rear. As they entered the facility it grew darker and darker.

"Activate your night vision." Tex said as they all tapped they're helmets and their vision became green. Then they came to a hallway that had two different pathways.

"Great, which way?" South asked.

"South, you and me will head left, Zone, Tex, CT you head right. Well meet up at the Data Center." Carolina ordered before they went in different directions.

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

As the Zone, Tex, and CT walked down the hallway they began to notice various scatterings of metal components you'd see on Scorpion Tanks and Warthogs, magazines and empty weapons, and dented and trashed vehicles.

"Geez, you'd think the Insurrectionists would take better care of their base..." CT said amazed at their enemy's lack of organization.

"You leave a place for so long, no one really cares." Tex answered. Zone nodded in agreement. CT wasn't watching her footing and tripped on a piece of metal and nearly collided with the grounded before an arm lashed out around her hips. She looked and saw that Zone had caught her from falling. He then yanked her to her feet.

"Uh, t-thanks." She said blushing. Zone nodded before they continued on and came to another doorway. This one had no access console and with the facility having no power, the door was practically melded shut.

"Got any gadgets that can open that door?" Tex asked while putting her hands on her hips. Zone then took out his sword he had brought and pried it between the doors open them like with a crowbar. Then when there was enough room, he put his hands between the doors and pushed them open with all his strength. Tex and CT's eyes widened at his strength. Doors like that you can't just open with sheer strength, not even Maine would've had the muscle to open a door like that. Zone put his sword away and looked into the room before nodding that it was clear. The trio entered and saw various experimentation equipment. A table with straps and above it was a giant mechanical arm with several bodily injectors. There was medical tools and vials scattered over the floor as well.

"Must be some kind of experimentation laboratory." CT stated. "I mean look at all this equipment, vials, injectors, all this must've been for some kind of project they've been experimenting with." Zone then saw some equipment piled up against something, he whistled at Tex for her to give him a hand. As they took away the equipment, a door was revealed. Zone pried it open to see...

"What the-?" CT said shocked. 

There was an alien hooked up to a bunch metal arms the clasped around his hands arms and shoulders, Zone recognized it to be an Elite. 

The Elite looked at them groaning in pain

The Elite looked at them groaning in pain. Zone ran up to him and using his sword, broke the restraints. As the Elite fell Zone caught him, his arms draped over his back. 

"What do we do with him?" CT asked. "I mean we can't take him back to the ship....can we?" 

"Carolina, it's Tex. You're gonna have to get the information we came here for yourself, we found a, well....you'll see when we rendezvous." Zone helped the Elite to his feet, bring one of his arms over his shoulders. CT and Tex just now noticed how tall the Elite is, probably around 7 feet. And he had a scar over his right eye. Zone nodded towards the exit as the girls followed. After South and Carolina grabbed the data, they met up with the Freelancer trio and there pained acquaintance. 

"Man, what did the Insurrection do to this thing?" South asked astonished at the Elite's injuries. Zone glared at her for calling the Elite "thing". 

"479er we're done here. Let the Director know we completed the objective and we're bringing back an...unexpected guest." 

"Roger that Agent Carolina, I'm on my way." The Elite fell on one knee in pain, Zone knelt beside him and helped him up again. The Elite looked at Zone and for a split second, Zone could've sworn he saw him smile. 

The Pelican then landed and shot towards the Mother of Invention after grabbing the team. 

(Hopefully the Director isn't too mad...) Zone thought as he tended to his new ally.