Touch-Me-Not

✨ Requested ✨

Everyone in the school knows Lauren Jauregui. Everyone recognises her black leather jacket with the eyes on the back. And everyone knows not to touch her.

Why? Well, they have plenty of theories on the cause, but the reason they don't dare go near her is because of her reaction. One glare from that girl is said to kill you. That's probably a lie, but they'd rather not find out for themselves.

That's why Y/n panics so much when she feels someone collide with her front and looks up to see two eyes sewn into leather, glaring angrily at her.

"Shit." She hisses under her breath as everything around her seems to freeze. She takes a cautious step back as she notices the tenseness of the girl before her, before said girl turns on her heels and regards Y/n with narrow eyes. The rumours are true, Y/n thinks to herself, because she feels as though she's just died on the spot.

"Watch where you're going next time." Lauren snarls, making Y/n nod rapidly. She can practically hear the straining of everyone's else's ears as she quickly apologises to the older girl, not sure what else to do.

"I'm so sorry. I-it won't happen again." She assures her and with that, Lauren stalks off around the corner.

The whole hall seems to let out a sigh of relief as Lauren disappears and Y/n gets away unscathed, a very unlikely outcome.

2 weeks later...

"She's really still giving you the evil eye?" Dinah, Y/n's best friend, asks as she sinks into her seat beside the girl in the cafeteria.

"Uh-huh." Y/n nods, daring a glance at the only person who gets her own entire row of tables only to see her eyes are now glued to her phone instead. Thank god, she sighs mentally.

"Creepy." Dinah comments under her breath, quickly smiling however when she spots Normani making her way over, Ally in tow.

"Hey, Bae." She greets, watching as Normani sits across from Dinah and Ally sits beside her, opposite Y/n.

"Hey, Boo." Normani replies, "What's up, Y/n/n?"

"I'm okay." Y/n shrugs, "Ally, how did the Physics quiz go?"

"Did you study?" The smallest girl questions pointedly, causing Y/n to dejectedly shake her head 'no'. Ally nods before continuing, "You'll probably fail, but you might be okay."

Y/n groans and leans over the table dramatically, only looking back up when Dinah elbows her side.

"What?" She asks.

Dinah points with her eyes towards the green-eyed girl across the room (Y/n isn't sure if she's the only person in this school who knows what colour Lauren's eyes are, anyone else who got the chance to find out having moved or graduated already).

"Wha-" Y/n starts to repeat but stops when she sees that Lauren is now out of her seat and walking directly towards their table. She gulps and waits for whatever is about to come.

"Y/n, is it?" Lauren asks in a low voice as she stops at the end of the table, staring down at the girl who's almost shaking with fear.

"Yeah." She replies as strongly as she can, though the quiver in her voice makes Lauren smirk.

"Come with me." Lauren practically orders, disregarding the rest of the table and room's eyes on her. She licks her lips as she waits for Y/n to stand and then leads her through the hallways of the school towards a staircase nobody really uses.

This is it, Y/n thinks. This is how I die.

Lauren holds the door to the staircase open, following Y/n inside before gesturing for her to head up the final flight, leading to the rooftop.

"What the- why did you want me to-?" Y/n begins to ask as she emerges on the roof of the school, but Lauren silences her with a simple 'shh'.

Taking a deep breath, Lauren reaches over and hovers her hand near Y/n's face.

"Can I touch you?" She asks, taking Y/n entirely by surprise.

Still, she nods slightly, and soon feels Lauren cupping the side of her face with her shockingly warm hand. I don't know, Y/n just assumed that a cold-blooded, leather-jacket-wearing, hard-as-nails girl like Lauren wouldn't ever be so gentle and soft, she thinks.

All of a sudden, Lauren's other hand snakes over to rest on Y/n waist. As Lauren takes a step backwards, pulling Y/n along with her, she also takes the girl's ability to breathe.

Lauren directs the pair around the corner until she's trapped against the wall, never breaking eye contact with Y/n.

"Why?" She lets out softly, and Y/n's jaw drops unintentionally at the tone she's never heard before.

Still, she gathers herself and furrows her brows, gulping before saying, "What do you mean?"

"I think..." Lauren takes another deep breath, leaning her head against the wall behind her, "You're the only one I can trust."

Y/n allows her eyes to trace Lauren's features for a moment, her fingers playing with the inside of her own pockets as she struggles with what to do with them. Being this close, and being held, by Lauren really highlights the girl's beauty, especially with the breeze making her hair flow away from her face slightly.

"I don't understa-." She shakes her head, but is interrupted by the girl before her.

"Kiss me."

"What?" She frowns, wanting to back away but frozen to the spot.

"Kiss me, please."

And Y/n does. She leans forward and carefully connects her lips to Lauren's. She isn't quite sure what Lauren is trying, but she feels herself wanting to help her and, if she's honest, wanting to kiss her.

She's been intrigued by Lauren ever since she let her go, because Lauren never lets anyone go, and Y/n wanted to know why she was different. She feels as though she might be finding that out right now.

Their lips stay pressed against one another for a few seconds, entirely still before Lauren tilts her head to the side and deepens the kiss slightly.

She only pulls away momentarily to say, "Touch me."

Y/n, while confused, bursts into action, her hands slipping out of her pockets and slowly landing on Lauren's elbows, tracing her arms up to her shoulders and looping down around her waist.

Lauren sighs into the kiss they're sharing, and Y/n can feel her relax beneath her hands.

Is this real?

Is Y/n really touching, kissing, the one person in school that nobody ever dares to touch?

She continuously expects a knee to the gut, or a fist or a push, but nothing comes. All that's shared between them is gentle touches and what is swiftly becoming rough kissing.

Both girls moan as Lauren's hand reaches around and tugs at the baby soft hairs of the nape of Y/n's neck.

"What is this?" Y/n asks, frowning as she pulls away from Lauren slightly, "Why are you doing this?"

"I like you." Lauren replies simply, dropping her eyes to the floor between them, "I... want to be touched by you; I crave it."

"I'm not just some fuck toy, Lauren." Y/n protests, to which Lauren quickly widens her eyes.

"No, no, no," She shakes her head quickly, nose bumping Y/n's, "Not like that. I just..." the hand on Y/n's waist finds her hand instead, and she interlocks their fingers, finishing off with, "hold my hand for a while?"