Nineteen: A Visit to the Heart

SO first shout out to my girl Mali. Follow her on Instagram @ mali.romanis

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Mum?" Marinette faintly said as she tried to sit up. 

"Oh, darling! You're ok!" Sabine gave her daughter a tight squeeze, making her wheeze. 
"Oh sorry, still a bit sore?" Marinette nodded in response. 

"What happened?" Mari looked up.

"Oh, you poor thing, you don't even remember. You were robbed, but Cat Noir saved you and brought you home. Apparently, you took a bit of a blow to the head," Sabine explained the information given. Marinette looked at her sheets then looked at her mum with despair. 

"No, no that's not right, I-"

"Shhh, you need to rest," Sabine sat up and walked out of the room with an air kiss. Marinette's eyes furrowed. Something didn't add up. But she didn't remember what. 

"Oh, and sweetie-" Sabine's head popped back in, awakening Mari from her deep thoughts. 
"Cat Noir will be back sometime to check on you," she smiled and walked out. (Everyone knows about their relationship except for Mari and Adrien's parents) 

"Ok..." Marinette mumbled, still trying to process everything. 

Where was she? Robbed? Cat Noir? What did happen?

Marinette tried to get up, but the pain kicked in. She flinched but managed to walk over to her mirror above her cabinet.  She brought a hand up to her head and rubbed it across a cut just below her nose. She also noticed one side of her face was starting to swell. 

"Tikki?" she called. Her kwami finally came out. 

"You're finally awake!" she screamed kissing her cheek. Marinette gave a faint smile.

"What happened?" 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THE NEXT DAY

"MARINETTE!" Tom called from downstairs.
"SOMEONE HERE TO SEE YOU!" Marinette rushed down the stairs. 

"Hey," Cat waved at her from the front door. Marinette smiled but said nothing. She grabbed a jacket, walked outside and shut the front door. She nodded her head and gestured for him to follow as she began to walk. Marinette led the two to the park, where they took a seat on a bench. They sat in silence, while Marinette pondered. 

"Are you alright?" Cat finally spoke. She hesitated. 

"I don't know how to answer that right now," she said softly. Cat looked at her. He raised his hand and tucked a piece of hair behind her ear. In the process, he accidentally got a look at her earrings. 

The ladybug pattern.

"What happened yesterday?" Marinette sighed, not looking at him in the eye. Cat hesitated. 

"Y-you were robbed yesterday, took a hit to the head and I took you home. Unconscious," he said, waiting for a response. 

"And what are you not telling me?" she finally looked at him. Cat looked at her, trying to hide his lies. 

"What do you mean? Nothing why?" Cat leaned closer. 

"Funny," Marinette nodded. 
"That's not how I remember it," and with that, she stood up and stormed off. 

"WAIT, WAIT!" Cat chased after her. Marinette sped up her pace. 
"Mari, listen wait," Marinette stopped in her tracks, making Cat bumped into the back of her. 

"Are you gonna tell me the truth?" she looked him dead straight in the eye. He hesitated, before he could say anything, Mari continued to walk. 

"No, no, no, no, wait!" he stood in front of her and put a grip on both her shoulders. 

"Well?" she raised an eyebrow. He took a deep breath in. 

"Thelessyouknowatthemomentthebetter!" he spurlged out. (hope you can read that lmao)

"We will see," Cat let go of her and she took off. He watched her walk off and then hung his head low.  

Did she know? What did she want me to say? 

"Good job kitty," a voice from the distance made him look up. 

"You?" he took a step back. 
"You're ok?" 

"Aww darling, did you forget about me?" the lady walked towards him. 

"So who won, the peacock or the moth?" Cat crossed his arms. 

"The peacock of course. But you do know why he took your girl?" Le Paon raised an eyebrow. 

"I-I," he hesitated. 
"I think so,"

"Good," she clapped.
"Then confront her alter ego next time you see her," she pointed off into the distance, where Marinette had walked off. Cat turned his head and looked at where she was pointing. 

"No, I can't. I just-" he turned his head to face Le Paon.

She was gone. The confused cat looked around. He pondered for a moment, then jumped off, back home. 

-

-

-

-

-  A/N hey

thank you all so much for reading, it means a lot

remember to follow me, vote and comment if you like it so far

New chapter out probably tomorrow, or even in an hour or so, cause I'm on a roll with ideas aha

WARNING: It is going to be short, with maybe a cliffhanger. Maybeeee🤓

Thanks lovelies 

Mwah 💋