Ten: Prom Night

(we are skipping ahead to Prom Night from the lat chapter. Cat Noir has been going to see Marinette almost every night,and Alya is the only one that knows) 

"Marinette! Are you ready?" Sabine called to her daughter from down the stairs. 

"Coming!" she called from her room, fixing herself up. Tonight was her big night and she didn't want to mess it up anytime soon. 

"Quick, get the camera," Sabine nudged her husband.

"It's ok, I've got it," Tom said. His eyes wandered from his camera to the stairs in an instant. Marinette walked down the stairs in her blue, strapless dress, her hair in little curls and her makeup matching the theme of her dress. 

"Wow," her parents mouthed. Marinette giggled at them and she gave them both a hug. 

"Are you ready?" she asked, making her way to the front door. 

"Woah, woah, woah, picture first," her dad stopped her. Mari rolled her eyes, posing for the camera. After taking some stunning pictures, they all made their way to Adrien's house, accepting Gabriel's offer. They reached the front gate just as the sun was going down and rung the doorbell. Natalie greeted them at the gates and lead them inside. 

"Miss Dupain-Cheng, looking stunning," Gabriel greeted. "And parents, you must be proud," he said in his monotone voice.

"Very!" Sabine said, looking up to him at the top of the stairs. 

"Adrien is just about ready," Natalie butt in. They all smiled as he walked out of his room, wearing a black suit from Gabriel. He had a black tie, matching, and his hair was slightly ruffled. His eyes widened when he saw Marinette. 

"Wow," he mouthed. He walked over and greeted her with a hug. 

"You look amazing," he whispered in her ear, before looking her straight in the eye. 

"Have a look at yourself," Marinette giggled. Adrien laughed with her. 

"Quick," Gabriel said. "We must get a few pictures before they leave." Natalie brought out her camera as Marinette and Adrien put their arms around each other to pose. Tom and Sabine did the same. Sabine having tears in her eyes. (Motherly love) Gabriel stood watching hen he noticed Marinette's earring shimmer in the light. He jerked his eyebrow up. 

"Marinette," Gabriel grabbed her attention. "Your earrings, they are quite something," Marinette brought a hand up to her ear in response, making Adrien turn. 

"Oh, um, these, uh they, uh were, a gift," she stuttered. Adrien looked at her earrings. He tilted his head. He felt like he had seen them before. But where?

"A gift from whom?" Gabriel questioned. 

"My uh, grandma," she stuttered again. 

"When did your grandma give you them?" Sabine asked. 

"I don't know!" she cried, as sweat started to slip down her face. That's when it hit Adrien. His eyes widened. 

"No way," he said under his breath. 

"What?" Marinette turned to him. 

"Nothing," 

Marinette smiled. 

"Well we better not hold you two up any longer, you should be off," Gabriel smiled. They said their goodbyes and then headed to Adrien's limo. The limo ride was short as it took them around town before stopping at the school. Adrien and Mari couldn't stop talking and laughing. But Adrien couldn't keep his eyes off Marinette's earrings. He couldn't believe what he was seeing. 'Is my Marinette Ladybug?' where the words that kept going through his head. They finally were at the front of the gates, where Adrien got out of the car to open the door for Marinette. 

"What a gentleman," she giggled. Adrien smiled as she looped her arm through his. 

"Ready?" Adrien turned to her, smiling. 

"Let's do this," Marinette chuckled at him. They walked through the front doors to discover multi-colour flashing lights and Nino as the dj. 

"AYYYYYY EVERYONE SAY HEY TO MARI AND ADRIEN!!!!!" Nino called out as everyone cheered. Adrien and Marinette smiled and people came to greet them with their phones ready to take pictures. Alya came to and greeted Mari with a hug. 

"I thought Cat Noir would be taking you tonight," Alya whispered. 

"Oh shut up, I could never," Marinette smiled. "How's Nino?" she asked, pointing at the stage while unconsciously changing the subject. Alya looked up. 

"Having the time of his life," Alya smiled, waving at Nino. He waved back, looking like he was half drunk in his suit. They girls chatted and danced along to the music when they noticed something in the distance. Chloe. Next to Adrien. Trying to chat him up. Alya cracked herself laughing when she saw Adrien's face. 

"Marinette, you gotta go save prince charming over there from the evil queen's spell!" Marinette rolled her eyes at Alya comment and went and walked over to Adrien and Chloe. 

"Hey Adrien," Marinette interrupted. "Hey Chloe, looking beautiful,"

"I know," Chloe snickered. 

"Adrien, we have an emergency, we kinda need you," Marinette grabbed his arm and discreetly winked. 

"Sorry Chloe, I'll see you around," he walked off with Marinette, making Chloe's face boil. Marinette lead him out to the oval/courtyard. 

"Thanks Mari you really saved me back there," he laughed as Marinette took a seat on the bench. 

"Haha no problem," she sighed, looking up at the moon and stars. Adrien looked at her from behind. He thought she was so beautiful from behind. He took out his phone and took a picture of Marinette from behind, looking up. When Marinette heard the click, she turned around. 

"What are you doing?" she asked. He showed her the picture on his phone. "Hey that doesn't look to bad," she smiled. 

"Yeah, I still wonder why you're still single," he hinted at a new conversation, taking a seat next to her. 

"Actually, I d-do have a boyfriend," Marinette looked down. Those were the words he wanted to hear. 

"You do?' he asked sarcastically. Marinette giggled. 

"You can't tell anyone! Only Alya knows at the moment," Marinette looked at him, eyes wide open. 

"I promise, tell me who," he fake smiled.

"I-I am d-dating," she stuttered. "Cat Noir," she finally said. 

"NO!" Adrien acted. 

"Yeah, but it's only been a week, but it feels like I've known him forever, and I don't know, everything thing feels right around him and it's just like, I-"

"Woah, woah!" Adrien cut her off from her waffle. "Marinette are you in love?" 

"WHAT?" Marinette jumped back. 

"Mari, the way you talk about him, I can see those butterflies," Adrien laughed, rubbing the back of his neck. Her smiled dropped, gulping down her nerves.

"Answer my question Marinette," he continued. "Are you in love with Cat Noir?" 

Marinette gave a slight nod. Blushing hardcore. 

Adrien blushed with her. 

-

-

-

-

- Thank you so much for 500+ reads, you guys are awesome. 
 Sorry this chapter took a while to come out. Just been busy with school. Sorry if there are a lot of mistakes, I wanted to get this chapter out asap.
Don't forget to follow me for updates on new chapters and vote and comment if you like it so far! 

Thank you so much. Mwah 💋