Thirteen: Eyes of a Hawk

Marinette's eyes filled with Fury.

"OH MY GAWD!" Chloe called from the crowd. "I CALLED IT!" she approached the front of the room, looping her arm through Cat Noir's and dragging him to the front of the stage. He maintained his balanced, but couldn't fight Chloe's grip. Chloe was given her crown and flowers. She twirled, showing off her yellow, frilly dress. Cat Noir was crowned, his headpiece just fitting over his ears. He eyed Marinette in the crowd. Her palms were in fists and her eyebrows lowered. He gave a sympathetic smile and shrugged, as Chloe looped her arm through his and started waving to her audience, like she had just won a beauty contest.  

"Is their anything you would like to say?" their teacher asked. 

"YES!" Chloe snatched the microphone away from Miss Boustier's hand. "First of all, thank you to Gabriel, for this beautiful outfit, no wonder I won," she gave one of her sarcastic and devilishly laughs.

"Cat Noir, anything from you?" 

He took the microphone from Chloe and just stared out. He didn't say anything, just stared. What could he say without sounding like Adrien? 

"Well," he started. He sighed.
"I have known this class for a couple of years now, on my trips around Paris, and I have never seen a more energetic bunch. I'm proud as a superhero, to save each and everyone of you each day," he smiled.
"Really are the Cat's Meow!" he winked and everyone laughed.
"But there is another thing," He looked straight at Marinette. 
"I never thought I would find love on the battlefield," everyone followed his eye line. 
"Marinette Dupain-Cheng?" Everyone stared. 
"Would you do the honor of being my girlfriend, and share more precious meowments with me?" he gave a cheeky grin. Marinette's mouth dropped. Her cheeks flushed with red. Her fingers trembled as she gave a slight nod. Cat offered a hand out. Marinette walked up to the stage and he put an arm around her waist. (Everyone in the audience was fangirling hardcore at the moment!) Meanwhile, Chloe didn't know what to think. She felt jealousy, envy, defeat, but also victory. 'Adrien is finally mine!' she thought to herself, grinning. (What a load of b.s) 

Marinette didn't know what to do, as she saw all of her fellow classmates quietly screaming at how adorable they were. Even her teacher sighed with joy. That's when Cat gave her a little peck on her forehead, making her hold him tighter. Everyone screamed and the night soon came to an end. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TIME SKIP TO THE NEXT DAY > BROUGHT TO YOU BY CAT NOIR IN LOVE!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"MIRACULOUS LADYBUG" Ladybug called, catching another akuma.

"POUND IT!" the fist bumped and walked over to the nearby park. An easy villain, they didn't even have to use their powers. They took a seat on the bench and started chatting. 

"So, I heard about your little performance last night," she said to her teammate, cheekily grinning. This was her chance to get some information out of him about their romance. 

"What performance m'lady?" he asked back. 

"Oh you know, at the school about your new girlfriend..." she giggled. 

"So you know about Marinette then I'm guessing," he said, slightly blushing. Ladybug nodded. She felt like she could ask him anything about 'their' romance as Ladybug. She stopped and just stared at him. She felt it so hard to keep herself under control around him though, even as Ladybug. Cat did't lift his head for a whole minute. 

"Is, everything ok?" Ladybug leaned closer. 

"Hmm?" he looked up.
"Oh, well," he twiddled his fingers. 
"Have...you ever been in love?" 

Ladybug's eyes widened. She smiled, hoping for the next word to come out of his mouth. 

"Yes," she whispered. Cat smiled in response. If his conspiracy theory was correct, then that comment made his day.  

"Then, do you feel little butterflies whenever you are around them, and feel like you can't be more than a day without being beside them?" Cat asked, his legs slightly shaking. 

"Of course," she sighed, giving him googly eyes. She suddenly realized what she had said. 
"UH, I mean, when I was in love, with a boy, you know," she tried to clear up, rubbing the back of her neck. Cat just smiled to himself. 
"I gotta go Kitty, uh, Cat Noir, bye," she waved, and scurried off. 

Cat giggled to himself. 
"See ya, Purrincess,"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AT THE AGRESTE MANSION

Gabriel stood in his study staring at his computer. He got up picture of Ladybug and zoomed then. Then, he got pictures of Marinette, from the photo shoot she did with Adrien, and zoomed in on those as well.

"Bulls eye," he grinned to himself as he he studied the two earrings. An exact match. but his smile soon disappeared when a thought struck him. He zoomed out and stared at the photo shoot. Adrien was cupping her face and had a hand around her waist, while she stared deeply into his eyes. The way they were looking at each other. It was love. Gabriel sighed.

"I'm so sorry son,"

-

-

-

-

- (A/N hey!!! Almost 800 reads, my hopes are for 1k. So awesome. So a question for you. I'm going to keep writing until maybe 20 chapters, but I want your opinion, should I write more than 25 chapters, (BTW i might run out of ideas by then aha) or should I stop at maybe 20??? My next book is going to be a Loki x Reader. (who doesn't love a good Tom Hiddleston!)
Anyway, I hope you are enjoying so far. If so, please follow me and vote and comment!
Thank you all so much
Mwah 💋