Chapter 7

Drew POV

I look over at Paisely next to me in the passenger seat sleeping soundlessly. She looks so peaceful and beautiful. I wish this moment didnt have to end but soon enough we pulled into my 3 car garage. I lean over to wake her up but she looked so angelic, it took my breath away so instead I swept the hair out of her face. It took a moment to snap out of this trance she put me under so I walked around to her side, opened the door and swept her off her feet. I carried her to the couch and set her down gently. I covered her with a blanket and re-adjust her head and placed it on the couch pillow, just as I'm leaving her eyes flutter open revealing glassy green eyes. My heart almost stopped. I've never been so close to her before.

"Wait, will you stay with me for a while and... maybe watch a movie... until I-I fall asleep?" she seemed so hopeful.

"Sure, would you like anything?" I suggested.

"Popcorn?" I saw a corner of her mouth slightly turn up into the ghost of a smile.

"Yeah, sure. No problem." I said while I turn on my heel headed to the kitchen. Smiling to myself I open the cabinet and reach around to find the packaged buttered popcorn. I take it to the microwave and set the timer and leave it to pop. I head back to the livingroom to take a glance at the couch where Paisley lay still awake.

Paisley's POV

I watch as Drew makes his way to the microwave to put the popcorn inside. He closes the door and pressed a few buttons. A moment later the still house is filled with the sound of popcorn popping. The house house is then filled with the rich smell of buttered popcorn. Mmmm... Buttered popcorn, my favorite. I sigh, as my stomache growls. I then realize that I'm actually starving.

Drew makes his way back towards the couch and stops near me. I catch him glancing at me so I turn away and blush from the intense heat of his gaze. "So, um.. how about that movie?" he asks.

"Yeah, sure. I think that'd be a good idea." I say.

"Do you wanna watch a scary movie?.." I see a mischievious glint in his eyes and it seems as if he's challenging me. And I'm not one to back down from a challenge.

I confidently reply,"Sure, why not?"

Drew smirks at me with his playful crystal blue eyes. He strides to the movie case confidently and picks out the scariest movie imaginable 'The Ring'. I knew that this movie would give me nightmares for life. But I pushed aside those thoughts and replied, "Bring it on."

Drew smirks, places the DVD inside the DVD player, presses the play button, and comes back to the couch pushing my legs aside to sit on the opposite end of the couch. I frown at him and cross my arms in a pouty way. "My legs were right there ya know? You could have sat on the other smaller couch."

"I could've but I didn't.. What'cha gonna do about it?"

I notice that signature smirk once again that I despize so much, I want to smack it off his pretty little face. Wait.. WHAT did I just think?! I meant his stupid ignorant face! Yeaaa thats what I meant. I frown internally and face the movie just as it starts. During the movie I reach towards the popcorn bowl and feel a warm tingling in my fingertips. At first I think it's the warmth of the popcorn but then realize that it's Drew. As I glance over at Drew I realize he's not watching the movie, but instead I follow his gaze towards our hands touching in the popcorn bowl. I quickly pull my hand away, but as I do the movie intensifies and scares the living crap out of me, I nearly jump and hide my face with the pillow.

I notice that Drew has moved a little closer towards me since the movie began. I shoved a pillow between us so he can't move any closer to me. I noticed a slight crease in his brow and a look of disappointment on his face. Yeah, you're not gonna get me that easy. Just because he saved me from that monster doesn't mean I'm gonna let him in that easy. I didn't spend all this time ignoring him for nothing.