Chapter 2

Apparently my luck was running short today because there he was waiting for me in the living room on the couch. "You're back. " I ignore his obvious comment. I feel his cold hand slapping my face. I thought I'd never have to go through this if I changed. Apparently not. "I'm talking to you. YOU WILL AGKNOWLEGDE me when I am SPEAKING to you! You hear me? Ya hear?"
"Yes I say in a small voice." Tears starting to stream down face. Pooling in the corners of my sad sad eyes. I look away so he won't see that he's hurt me.
"Now get to your room. You will not have that attitude with me. You will learn to respond when you are addressed." the monster sneered. It took my everything to not go running to my room and slamming the door. I couldn't help wailing into my pillow though. Marilyn and Ally called me about five times but I let them wait until I had calmed down. I still hadn't told anyone about my dad. It was about time though. I'm not sure when I'll be able to bring it up to them in a conversation or how they'll respond to it.
I picked up the phone after the third ring. "Hey guys" I said groggily
"Hey Pais, are you okay hon? You sound upset and you didn't answer when we rang." Marilyn asked sincerely.
"No I'm not ok. I don't know that I can keep this from you guys anymore. So.. here goes nothing. Well, ever since my mom died my dad has abusing me. And I've been too afraid to tell anyone."
"I can't believe you never told us. But I'm glad you came through. You should've said something a long time ago. We could've done something about it ya know?"
"Yea but the thing is I was embarrassed and I don't want the only family I have left to be put in jail. And I might never see my brother again if we get separated in a foster home. That's what I'm scared will happen." I said.
"I understand, " Ally said. "We won't say anything if you don't want us to."
"No I don't" I sniffed.
"Ok, do you want to come over and talk and just hang out?''
"Yea that'd be cool. Thanks guys you really know how to make me feel better." I sighed.
"We'll be there to pick you up in about 5 okay?"
"Yea okay bye. See ya in 5." I pressed the end button and grabbed my bag. I threw my pjs in with my tooth brush and text books just in case I ended up staying the night. I went out onto the balcony that my brother and I happen to share and climbed down the fire escape. The girls pulled up about a minute after I walked out onto the sidewalk down from my driveway. I stepped into their shared car.
They let me sit quietly up until we got to their house. I walked up their grand staircase into their plush and posh bedroom. Which was unsurprisingly messy. I cleared a spot for myself on All's bed. Ally sat on the cute little chair she bought from Pier 31 imports. And Marilyn sat down next me and wrapped her arms around me in our besties only hug. When I got out of my funk Marilyn brought up school.
"So how was the first day back?"
"It was not too bad. Too much attention though. And the worst part is I have Drew Ackerman in my seventh period English class. To top it off he didn't recognize me and he basically hit on me." But it was weird not like the Drew I had grown to hate so much. I didn't tell the twins that though.
"You know what I heard?" Ally grinned devilishly. "I've heard that Drew has his eye on the new girl. And you know who the new girl is?"
"Noo, please don't let it be who I think is."
"You-oo" she singsonged. "The best part of it all is he doesn't know it's you. Whats the bad boy gonna do now?".
For as long as I could remember I had loathed that bad boy but was secretly crushing on him. I mea c mon who wouldn't think he was hot? I small part of me was cheering inside. But on the outside I could feel the shock wash over me. Oh boy school is gonna suck.

Follow my Instagram: @/kristen_june