Chapter 14-Control

They send me away to find them a fortune
A chest filled with diamonds and gold
The house was awake
With shadows and monsters
The hallways they echoed and groaned

I sat alone, in bed 'til the morning
I'm crying, "They're coming for me."
And I tried to hold these secrets inside me
My mind's like a deadly disease

I'm bigger than my body
I'm colder than this home
I'm meaner than my demons
I'm bigger than these bones

And all the kids cried out,
"Please stop, you're scaring me."
I can't help this awful energy
Goddamn right, you should be scared of me
Who is in control?

I paced around for hours on empty
I jumped at the slightest of sounds
And I couldn't stand the person inside me
I turned all the mirrors around

I'm bigger than my body
I'm colder than this home
I'm meaner than my demons
I'm bigger than these bones

And all the kids cried out,
"Please stop, you're scaring me."
I can't help this awful energy
Goddamn right, you should be scared of me
Who is in control?

I'm well acquainted
With villains that live in my bed
They beg me to write them
So they'll never die when I'm dead

And I've grown familiar
With villains that live in my head
They beg me to write them
So I'll never die when I'm dead

I'm bigger than my body
I'm colder than this home
I'm meaner than my demons
I'm bigger than these bones

And all the kids cried out,
"Please stop, you're scaring me."
I can't help this awful energy
Goddamn right, you should be scared of me
Who is in control?-Halsey, Control. The Badlands. 

  "I don't know how I am doing this anymore you guys." I cried through the phone.

  "Paisley hon you'll pull through, the school year will be over before you know it. Then you can get away from all this madness." Marilyn comforted me.

  "I know none of this is in your control. But what you can control is what you decide to do when it all comes spiraling at you. You can do this Pais, we believe in you." Ally cooed.

  "I'm so scared you guys. What if I don't make it??" I started shaking with tears.

  "Babydoll, no don't think that way! I will come over to your house and smack you if you keep talking like that. I don't care if your dad is there. I will do it!" Marilyn screeched at me.

  "Oh believe me, I know." I laugh cried.

  "And I'll make you lots of food and give you an ice pack for your face!" Ally chimed in.

  I giggled, "You guys.."

  Then my bedroom door was flung open and hit the wall with a loud bang, and my mirror on the wall shook loose and crashed to the floor, breaking in a million pieces. The glass shards were everywhere. But that didn't stop him..

  "You damned good for nothing pirhce ofrfh shsizt !" His words slurred "You woke me!!" He lunged at me, glass shards flying through the air as he kicked them up.

 "Shoot!" I cried out dropping my phone. 

  "Paisley ! Paisley!" The twins cried out. 

  "Nononono ! Please no!" I shielded my face.

  Instead of hitting me in the face, he threw me on the ground on top of the shards of glass, and I screamed as I hit the ground. Then as I was helpless on the ground he got on top of me and yanked my hair. My eyes and skin were burning from the tears and pain. He beat me for what seemed like forever. Then he picked me up and threw me on my bed. 

  That's when I heard the sirens. 'Oh god please no!.'

  And then I thought of Ryland.. no..

  I started freaking out. Ryland and I would be separated in Foster homes if those sirens were coming for our house. They would see the glass everywhere, my distress, and the bruises on my body for sure.

~~~Ally and Marilyn~~~

  "911. What's your emergency?" 

  "Our friend ! Our friend is is uhm uh she's being beaten !!" Ally wailed into the phone

  "I'm going to ask you to calm down. Slow down. What is happening. What is your address?" Dispatch calmly asked.

  "No ! It's not here. " Ally was trying to compose herself. "She's at her home, it's her dad"

  "Beating her. He's beating her." Marilyn shouted into the receiver. 

  " What's the address?" 

   "2936 Wickamora Ln." Ally blurted.

  "Okay they're on their way. They should be there soon." 

  ~~~~~~~~~Paisley~~~~~~~~~

  "Ryland?! Ryland?!" She started freaking out. Paisley needed her brother there with her. 'They're going to take us away!' She ran around the house thinking frantically. A loud knock sounded on the door but she didn't answer it. She looked outside through an upstairs window and saw CPS, police, a firetruck, ambulance, and Ryland outside already. She ran down the stairs and burst through the front door past police, "Ryland where were you?!?!" She cried out helplessly. 

  As soon as Ryland saw her distorted face and broken body he broke down with his head in his hands, his whole body shaking with convulsions. "I'm so sorry. I'm so so sorry." He was on the ground now rocking back and forth. "I- I went to the cememtary. T- to to mom's..." He was wailing and then he suddenly stopped. He got up and ran to me. "I'm never leaving you again." He encircled her bleeding body in his arms. And they were crying together. 

  The next thing they knew, their dad was being driven away in a police car and Paisley was being taken to the hospital with Ryland by her side. 

  "What's going to happen now?" Ryland asked the social worker that nicely enough chose to ride with them to the hospital.

  "Well," she started "We are starting by getting your sister all better and cleaned up. Your dad will be taken to rehab and jail. And unless we can find an immediate family to take you in, we'll be putting the two of you in foster homes." 

  That's when Paisley really started crying, "We don't exactly, h- have any immediate family." 

  "Well, then.. I'm really sorry. And there's no guarantee we'll be able to keep you two together. It just depends on which foster families have room and if they'll have room for the both of you." She looked at us sadly and explained.