Chapter 5

I got home and opened my laptop and logged into my Facebook. I noticed I had one new notification, heh.. New friend request from Bryce. I quickly pressed the accept button and took a peek at his profile. I saw a bunch of pictures of Bryce with his friends, but none of which included his family.

"Hmnn interesting."

"What's interesting?" a voice said from behind me.

I froze.

"N-nothing" I swiveled around.

"Doesn't look like it to me. You actually have friends?" the monster spat.

"Yeah. Actually I do." my voice grew stronger. I felt a hot flash upon my face and blacked out. I woke up in a daze and looked around me. "The monster" was gone. I sat there and cried softly into my pillow for a while until I saw a flash on my computer screen. I rubbed my blurry eyes which were wet from crying, sat up and pulled my laptop to my lap. One new message.

Hey

I quickly typed in Hey yourself.

How's it going?

Great. What a lie..

And you?

Im doing pretty good, how about that ride?

What about it?

Let me take you to school. In my truck.

Get a ride from a stranger? Now why would I do that when I have my own friends to take me? I hardly know you. For all I know you could be a trained ninja set out to kill innocent girls. ;)

Well maybe I am. Maybe Im not. I'll have to think about it. And who says you're innocent. ;)

I don't know. Am I innocent?

Well I don't give free rides to innocent girls. So I guess you're gonna have to pay up.

How much?

A whopping fine of $20

Ooh ouch. $20 Oh I don't know if I can afford that.

Im kidding. Free rides for the poor.

-_-

So what do you say? How about I pick you up around 7:00? 7:30?

Yea sounds good to me.

I got off Facebook chat, closed my laptop, and took a deep long breath. Im so exhausted, I thought to myself. And with that I turned off my lights and drew the blankets over my head.

I ignored the blaring of my alarm clock.. Wait what?! I threw the blankets off my head and looked dazedly around and put the snooze on my phone alarm. I logged into my Facebook and checked the time of the last message was sent. Only 11:00 pm. I could've sworn that I had only gone to bed not even less than ten minutes ago.. But I checked my phone and the time read 5:45 am. I quickly got myself up and into the bathroom to wash my face. I threw some clothes on and carefully did my hair and makeup, so that I didn't look like the emotional wreck that I was last night. I skipped breakfast to avoid the monster as usual and crept down the marble stairs. I carefully shut the big wooden door to the house and scurried down the walk way to the curb. It was now 7:01. And Bryce was patiently waiting for me in his big pickup truck. He got out of his truck to open the door for me. What a gentleman, I noted.

"Morning sunshine. How'd you sleep." he grinned really big at me.

"Terrible." I said honestly.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I hope I didn't keep you up too late."