Chapter 3

Chloe's POV: It's currently 3:02 AM and I'm staring at Zach's beautiful face. Through my phone on FaceTime. Tomorrow is the day that we are finally going to see each other again, and I can barely contain my excitement. We've been talking nonstop over the past few days, but it just isn't the same. I don't really know him. Hell, I've only actually talked to him in person once for less than 3 minutes. But right now with him, even if it's just through a screen, it feels right.

"Zach-" I interrupt his stream of banter and he looks at me concerned.

"Yea?"

"What if your friends don't like me?" I nervously bite my lip and wait for his answer.

"Are you kidding, Chloe? They're going to love you."

"But how can you be sure?"

"I'm positive, now shut up about it already." His eyes are teasing. "Besides, it's not like we're dating or anything."

I laugh. "We're not."

"We're not," Zach says thoughtfully to himself as he's sprawled across his bed, shirtless. A slight blush fills my cheeks.

"You look cute." I glance down at my wrinkled pajama shirt and self-consciously run my fingers through my messy hair.

"Herron, now you're just straight up lying to my face."

He grins and playfully protests. "You look like a princess. But not just any princess. My princess."

My breathe catches in my throat and my hearts starts to race. Damn, he is good.

I pretend to swoon which causes him to burst out laughing. We spend a few minutes just giggling and looking into each other's eyes. I decide to tease him a bit.

"You got any cute friends?"

He pouts "Cuter than me?" and pretends to think. "Hmm nope, no one is coming to mind."

"I think I'll be the judge of that tomorrow." I laugh. I'm so excited to meet his friends and see what they are like. I've heard so much about them, being that they are famous and all.

He grows protective. "Hey!"

We're not dating, I have to remind myself. He's just being himself, both charming and handsome. We grow quiet and just enjoy being with each other.

I study his face, our eyes searching one another's. I want to memorize his face like a map. The lines that form when he smiles, that one freckle he has right there, the strand of hair that is always out of place. I want him. Every single inch of him.

"What are you thinking about?" Zach says softly. He catches me off guard and I blink.

"That's for me to know and you to find out tomorrow."

He smiles contently. "Good night princess. Get your beauty sleep."

"Good night zachy. See you tomorrow."