Chapter 1 - My first stressful day..

I walk out of my tiny apartment, handbag leaning on my arm and my keys in hand. This will be my very first day working for the police of Detroit. I have no idea what to expect. I have been a police officer before in Los Angeles, but only for a year. I literally just moved to Detroit and immediately got the job. Which isn't bad, I'm just extremely nervous for my first day there.

I step out of my car and get into the building. There's androids sitting behind the desks, and one of the ladies welcomes me. I tell her what I'm here for, she lets me through the gates and I get to the back room, where the chief welcomes me as well. 'So, (y/n)(y/l/n), this will be your first day here. How's Detroit so far?' He seems kind. 'I've only been here for three days, so I haven't seen much of the city yet, but I am enjoying it here so far,' I honestly answer. He sits back in his chair and nods. 'Well, (y/n), I will have you become the partner of two guys here. They are really good at what they do, even when it doesn't seem like it. You will be the partner of lieutenant Anderson and his android Connor.' I nod. It sounds serious. A lieutenant and an android. 'All right, thank you so much, sir.' He nods with a tiny smile and gestures that I may take my leave. 'Have a nice day,' I nervously say as I walk out of the door, searching for my desk.
I find lieutenant Anderson's desk, and the one that I assume is Connor's right next to his. I can immediately tell these guys are really different from each other. While lieutenant's desk is covered with stuff, like a half-empty box of donuts and a bunch of papers laying everywhere, Connor's desk is very tidy and cleaned up. I smile, but am still nervous as I have no idea where these two might be.

I walk to a desk right behind the one of lieutenant's, and find it empty. I put my bag on the chair, get out my phone and put it next to the computer screen. I admire how tidy it is, since I know this is probably not going to be this way for long, and turn around.
I almost have a heart attack. Someone is standing right in front of me, staring at me. I immediately notice his outfit and the blue light on his temple, and assume he's an android. 'Ah, h-hello,' I mutter nervously. 'Good morning, I am sorry if I startled you.' I shake my head. 'No, it's fine.' 'You must be new here. My name is Connor, and I'm an android sent by CyberLife as an agent.' I'm a bit confused by his greeting. Weren't the androids free now? Why does he still say he was sent by Cyberlife? 'N-Nice to meet you Connor! I'm (y/n) (y/l/n). And yes, I am new here.' We shake hands. 'I don't know if you've heard this, but I believe I'm going to be your and lieutenant Anderson's partner,' I say. 'I did not know that, but welcome to the team,' he says. I smile. This android guy is being extremely nice to me. Not that the other androids didn't, I just really seemed to like this particular one. 'Miss (y/l/n), if you have any questions, you can always ask me,' Connor says with what seems like a small smile on his face. 'Thank you, Connor. That's really nice of you.' He nods and walks to his desk to sit down. I do the same and log in to my computer.    

A few minutes later I hear a voice behind me. 'Ah, dammit Connor. Did you mess with my desk again?!' I turn my head to where the voice came from, and see a man – who I assume is lieutenant Anderson, because he is standing at his desk – with a few papers in hand looking angrily at Connor. 'I did not move anything on your desk, lieutenant. I just sat down here myself, actually.' I see him glance at me for a second, probably because I am obviously staring, and I get nervous once again.
I stand up. 'L-Lieutenant Anderson?' I ask carefully. Lieutenant Anderson turns around to face me. 'Who the hell are you?' he says, and I get startled by this sudden comment. 'I-I am (y/n) (y/l/n), and I'm new here. Nice to meet you, lieutenant.' I stick out my hand, but he doesn't grab it, just stare at it, so I awkwardly take it away again.
He looks from my hand back up at my face and mutters: 'You an android?' I raise an eyebrow in confusion and shake my head. 'Good.' I glance over at Connor, who is looking at the both of us. This situation... 'Uhm.. Lieutenant, I was told I am going to be your and Connor's partner from now on..' I mumble nervously. 'Oh, goddammit, not again,' he says. 'E-Excuse me?' I look over at Connor in a panic, and he seems to just find this a normal conversation. Hello, a little help?! 'Lieutenant, that's not very nice. She's new here,' Connor says. 'At least properly greet her.' He gets a glare from lieutenant Anderson, which makes me fear for Connor's safety.
Lieutenant Anderson sighs and sits down in his chair, completely ignoring the fact that I am still standing there. 'D-Did I say something wrong?' I ask carefully. I get a response from not the lieutenant, but Connor instead. 'No, you didn't do anything, miss (y/l/n). He is like this to everyone, don't take it the wrong way.' I nod with a nervous smile. 'I-I'm going to get some coffee, do you want some too, lieutenant?' He shakes his head no, so I just walk to the break room to get some for myself.