Chapter 12

Summer POV

I rode the turbolift with Kylo down into the depths of the Finalizer. Today was my first day back to training with him since my mission, but I wasn't sure where we were going. We've only ever trained in the throne room.

I actually don't know this ship at all, despite living on it.

"Where are you taking me?" I asked Kylo. Standing beside the white lights of the turbolift seemed to give him a regal air.

"I have a private training center I used when I was Snoke's apprentice. Now you will find it quite useful as well," Kylo replied. "And we won't be bothered, because only I can enter it."

I blinked. "But...what about me?"

"You will see." He winked and stepped out of the turbolift when the doors opened. We were met with a steel wall with a fancy computer console attached to it.

Kylo pulled off his glove and scanned his hand, thus revealing a secret entrance that opened for him.

"Whoa," I muttered, impressed with the security. "You're right. It's only you who can go in and out of this place...wherever we are."

"A section of the basement." Kylo slipped his glove back on and held his hand out. I took it without hesitation, showing trust.

He removed my glove and pressed my hand to the console as he did before, pressing buttons as it scanned. "There. Now we are the only ones who can enter."

I blushed. I just love him so much.

The lights turned on automatically upon entering, revealing a fairly large room scattered with workout equipment and oddities I've never seen. Those so-called "oddities" were what I assumed to be training material for a Force-User.

My guess turned out to be true as Kylo led me to that side of the room. "According to what you've reported about your mission, your wielding of the Force seems to have increased. I want to test out your limitations, then we can work on a better use of your lightsaber, so you can work out of such a predicament as Arogota with more ease. But first, the Force."

He picked up a bucket and dumped the contents, small stones covering the floor before us. "Lift these rocks. All at once."

There must have been fifty sprawled out in front of me. "I've never levitated more than one thing at once Kylo."

"Then this is where you shall learn. Being limited to a single object could cost you. Now begin."

I sighed, reaching out my hands toward the gravel, focusing. Kylo remained silent, watching and mentally judging. I tried not to think about the potential criticism otherwise I'll screw up immediately.

I connected quickly to the Force and lifted one rock from the ground. Staying calm and focused, I let another rise into the air. From there I managed to lift a third. And fourth. But I was struggling. There's no way I can levitate all fifty.

I was almost to ten then I dropped them all, breathing hard. "I can't do it...there's too many..."

Kylo shook his head. "From what your story stated, this should be relatively easy for you. Did you lie to me?"

"What? No-"

"Start over. I want at least half in the air."

I suppose he suspects me to be Rey, who can miraculously lift a fallen cave's worth of rocks into the sky on the first try. I know for one thing, I may be strong, but I'm no Rey. She's his equal; I've grown to accept that truth. It's hard but I try to keep my mind off that thought.