Chapter 3

The following morning, Kylo treated me to a delicious breakfast and the tailors visited for my new clothes design. Then it was off to training. Kylo kept us in the throne room so he could handle any business with officers if needed.

"What shall we start with first...Master," I winked with the last part. Although we made an agreement, as for me to show him respect, that I would refer to him as this during training only. Although...if certain events occur...I could use the title more often.

Kylo bit back a smirk. He was fully donned in his Supreme Leader uniform, cape and all. Sadly, it wasn't another shirtless day. "I want to see you wield a lightsaber." He took the hilt off his belt and held it out for me in an open palm.

I touched the hilt but Kylo didn't let it go. Oh no. I don't want to end up like Han.

Our gaze met. I'm sure he could see how scared I was. "This lightsaber is my life." He let out a small breath. "I'm trusting you with my life...can I do this?"

I nodded. "Yes..."

He still looked skeptical.

"If we're going to do this, you have to trust me," I said.

Kylo reluctantly let go of the weapon and picked up a baton. "Today we will practice stances and maneuvers. Dueling will be for another day. One lesson at a time. Turn on your weapon."

I ignited the lightsaber and gasped at the power before my eyes. The firery red blade growled and sparked. I tightened my grip on the hilt, feeling the power flow through it.

"Okay, so copy what I do," Kylo said, twirling his baton effortlessly. "I will show you the basics and we will progress from there."

"That's a basic move?" I pointed to his spinning weapon.

He laughed. Oh how I've missed that sound. I smiled, happy to see him do that. "No, because I can guarantee you would hack your arm off." He probably isn't wrong.

"Ready when you are, Master," I said, raising the lightsaber.

Kylo jabbed the baton left and right, dipping and lifting it as if fighting an invisible opponent. I could hear it slicing through the air. Simple moves, nothing fancy like I'm used to seeing him do.

Then he repeated the moves but slower, his eyes watching me. I tried to copy him best I could.

"Try holding the lightsaber like this," Kylo said after a couple minutes. His large, gloved hands touched mine and I gasped as he gently positioned my fingers differently. "The closer your grip is to the top of the hilt, the more control you have and the less likely you will injure yourself."

My face was as red as the beam. "O-Okay."

A smirk curled at Kylo's lips and whatever he was about to say was interrupted by Hux coming out of the elevator. "I need to see him. I'll be right back. Wait for me to return."

Kylo left me and met Hux across the throne room.

I sighed, waiting for him to come back and getting bored. I tried waving the lightsaber around, getting a a feel of it in my hands. The weapon growled as I sliced through the wind. I smirked. This is too cool.

Then I tried a twirl and the beam graced my arm. I softly yelped, as I felt the fresh wound. Thankfully it wasn't deep but Kylo would scold me for this.

I glanced back at Kylo. Hux was keeping him occupied and rattling something off his datapad. A report maybe. Kylo looked bored nonetheless.

Well, maybe I could have a little more fun then...