Chapter 2

I didn't sleep well that night. As in, terrible.

First, I had to sleep in the throne room because I wasn't going to dare bother Kylo. He was granting me to stay here; I didn't want to push my luck any futher.

Second, I was sleeping on a cold, hard floor. No blanket, no pillows. Just the floor and me. Not to mention I was still aching from the day before from being slammed into a wall.

As for last, my mind was so active I couldn't rest. All I could think about was the tests Kylo will give me and if I would be able to pass. And if any are going to hurt.

I suppose I eventually fell alseep because Kylo startled me awake in the morning. "Its time to face your tests."

I yawned and groaned, rolling over. My eyes weren't even focused and he wanted me up and working. "Give me a second to wake up Kylo."

A literal second passed. "Okay, now get up."

It's too early for this. "Seriously Kylo, I just woke-" I froze, now looking up at him. He was shirtless, every inch of his muscles glistening in the light. What a beautiful sight to wake up to. He still had the bandage on his hip (which is often mistaken for high-wasted pants) which covered up some of those beautiful abs I would really like to see.

Kylo snapped his fingers and I came back to reality. "Sorry...where was I?"

"A place you better leave or you will never be able to focus on today," Kylo said, rolling his eyes. "Now get up."

I did as he said, feeling my face heat up as I was now closer to him. "May I ask why..." I pointed to his gorgeous bare chest, unable to find my tongue yet.

He stood closer than I was comfortable with. "Does it bother you? Distract you?"

"A l-little..." I admitted not thinking straight.

"Good. That's what I was aiming for. To keep you from focusing," Kylo smirked. "Now for the first test: combat training. A lightsaber should be used but for the test a baton is fine, since with your current state you will probably cut off your own arm." He handed me a metal baton, close to what Phasma used to fight Finn in The Last Jedi.

He twirled his own baton in his fingers effortlessly before holding it in a cool defensive stance. "Now don't hold back. Fight me like a true enemy."

"You're not even fully clothed, what if I hurt you?" I protested.

"You won't touch me but I want you to try," Kylo said, arrogantly. "These weapons are for bruising and stabbing, and that's if you miraculously manage to get past my defenses."

"You underestimate me already," I said, almost hurt. "You will regret that."

"Prove me wrong," he dared with a smirk.

I made a quick move but he blocked it. I kept trying but then he spun and knocked me sideways with a blow to my waist. I stumbled a bit but kept my balance.

"Are you even trying?" Kylo asked.

I glared and moved faster, trying to find a weak area but he continued to block and hit me. I was sweating, tiring.

"You're weak," he stated.

"No, I'm not!" I fired back.

I went at him again but the blow he sent against my baton blew me backwards off my feet. He stepped on my wrist to keep me from grabbing the baton and pointed his weapon tip at my neck. "Surrender."

I sighed, defeated, and released the baton from my grip.

He backed off me. "That was pathetic. Did you even try?"