Chapter 3:

Gracie

Oh my god! I could not believe that he was actually here! Why was he here? I shouldn't have left my eyes wandering around the hall and now I was staring right through Matt Wattson's eyes! He was sitting across the hall with the rest of his team mates, as expected. The cheerleaders of high school were also sitting close to them. Funny how 10 years had passed and I could still point him out despite the hundreds of people in here. I guess his face had really stuck in my mind like a glue. He didn't look like he aged that much either.

Uhmmmm, this is totally a crazy thought but he wasn't really staring at me like I was to him, was he now? I don't even think he would even remember me and his bullying acts to me. In Matt Watson's eyes I surely didn't stand a chance. Why was I thinking that! I didn't even want to hook up with him. What's wrong with me! I shouldn't have come here. Can I go strangle Steve now for forcing me to go to this reunion?

"Oh, there's the rest of the guys." Steve moved his mouth closer to my ear to say that due to the loud music. As if I didn't know that yet.

"Uhm, I think I'm just going to stay here." I nervously said.

"What? Have you seen any of your old girlfriends yet? I didn't want to leave you all alone here." And I didn't want you to leave me all alone here either.

"Fine, let's go." I know I must have looked so normal walking towards them but my knees were actually shaking like crazy. I'm glad my long dress covered them. I felt like walking on fire. I shouldn't have come here.

"Steve! My man!" Brandon stood up and reached his hand to Steve.

"Hey, how's it going?" Steve reached out his hand as well to shake Bandon's

"Not bad. Not bad. We have too much to catch up." Brandon's gaze shifted to me. "Ms. Gracie. A pleasure. Glad you came."

I shook hands with Brandon too. "Thank you. It's a pleasure to see you all too after all these years."

"Come sit. Come sit." And that's when I noticed it. There were exactly just two more seats available at this table. Those seats were right in front of me. And the seat that I was standing close was the seat next to Matt Watson. OMG could this night get any worse? His back was facing me as if he didn't even notice my presence. Did I seriously just imagine our locked up eyes moment earlier? Could I switch places with Steve right now? Would that obviously show my hostility towards this man? Whatever, Matt Watson would seriously not get to me anymore. It's not like he's going to pour his beer over my head tonight. For Christ's sake, we're nearing 30 now. We're mature than that now, right? RIGHT?!

So I sat next to him. Yes, I did sit next to him. I felt he shifted from his seat.

"Hi." He greeted me in a cold voice that shivered down my spine. I looked his way and noticed his full body was facing me, looking at me right in the eye.

"Hi." I said in my cold voice back. HAH! You think only you could have a cold voice? I gave him a half smile. I wonder if he could notice my lips shivering. Hopefully not. I don't want to let him know that he still got to me.

"I'm gonna go get us some drinks. What do you want?" Steve hovering me, breaking this cold atmosphere.

And no! He seriously was not leaving me to get drinks! "Uhm, merlot please." I answered when all I wanted to do was bawl my eyes out like a baby pleading him not to leave me for anything.

"Okay, be right back." And just like that he left me. This was going to be so awkward.

"WOOOW!" Somebody exclaimed. I looked up and saw it was Ryan. "The big bully and the prey sitting right next to each other." You did not just say that! Everyone at the table laughed out loud. I noticed I was the only female at the table; stating the obvious that I clearly was not meant to be here.