Prologue

"So, do you think Matt likes you?" Meg asked me. We were having lunch at the gym watching the football players practice for the upcoming championship. "Matt, who?" I said in a muffled voice as I put 3 fries in my mouth then drank in my pop at the same time. Meg rolled her eyes at me as if she couldn't believe I had to ask who she was referring to. She threw her gaze at the court then back at me, "Matt Watson!"

"WHAT!" I exclaimed incredulously which then led me to choke up a little..

"Oh please, there's gotta be a reason why you have to put up with his bullying for 3 years now."

"Yep! And that's because he hates people like me who he thinks are spoiled rich kids. It's not just me who he tortures you know. Even though it's not really my fault that my dad threw me into this school."

"Well, I don't know. I just feel like there's more to it than just having a vendetta against rich kids. High school boys are such immatures. They'd do anything to get the attention of the one they like."

"Which is obviously not me. Meg, this is Matt Watson we're talking about. Quarterback, always the centre of attention, girls literally fall on their knees at the sight of him and if you were not aware yet, he has a girlfriend."

"Hey, I'm just opening up some ideas."

"He hates the wealthy kids going into this district's school, that's that." It was my fact statement to end this ridiculous discussion. I don't even get why we were discussing this in the first place. As I put the rim of the pop to my lips, my sixth sense was telling me something big and fast was approaching me. I turned my face to the court and TWACK! OMG the football hit my face and my pop splashed all over my shirt!

"Oops, sorry. The ball was flying up too fast before I even got to shout, 'heads up'." I was shaking of anger and humiliation as I turned my head again back at the court and saw Matt Watson's stupid grinning face. I can't take this anymore. This has to stop. I grabbed the football and headed down the court. Despite the anger that was overwhelming me, I still noticed that the gym suddenly went silent; watching yet another episode of Matt's triumph over the brat Gracie Stewart.

I was face to face with Matt.. My head at the level of his chest. Dammit, why was he so tall? So, I raised my chin up; looked into his eyes with my face that said 'I'm not taking any crap from him anymore'.

"Matt, if you want to ask me to a date, all you have to is ask." Oh shit, not that!

Matt and the rest his football mates started laughing like crazy. OMG could I humiliate myself even more? I'd never meant to say that! Meg put this ridiculous idea in my head and now I just blurted it out. So much for not taking any crap from him anymore.

"What? Princess, I knew you were stupid and dumb but wow, delusional is new to me." Matt started cracking up again as if this was the best joke he had heard all his life. I didn't know how to get back to him so I threw the football, that was in my right hand, really hard at his face then started to walk out of the gym.

"Ouch! You bitch!" Matt howled. I stopped, turned around and saw Matt covering the right side of his face with his hand.

"I hope things will just go as badly in your life as it is right now with you, Matt. You don't deserve any happiness at all. And I also hope to hell that you get to marry a miserable bitch as miserable as you!"