ᴛᴀᴘᴇ ᴠɪɪ sɪᴅᴇ ᴀ

"Welcome, to the last and final tape. If you have reached this far, Thank you for listening to everything that I have kept inside of me for a long time. Thank you for being patient. Thank you. Now for the actual reason why you are here. The person behind this tape, Freddy Huerta. This was probably the hardest and scariest one to make only because I don't know what you will think or say or feel after hearing this. If you would ignore it or do something. If you do decide to ignore it I just hope I wouldn't feel it, maybe because I would be dead, but I don't really know. Before I get to my reason, I want to go back and remember the very first day we met."

⚛ ⚛ ⚛

I was ten years old, sitting on my tree house. Whenever I wanted to get away or be alone I would climb this tree house that my dad built for me years ago. I was just lying on my back looking at the sky through the window, listening to music when I heard a thud. I turned to my side and I saw a boy about my age standing near the door.

"May I help you?" I asked the boy looking back at the sky.

"I'm sorry I didn't know anyone was here." He said turning back.

"Stay. I'm getting bored of being alone anyway." I said and changed to a sitting position.

"Okay?" He uttered and sat beside me.

"I'm Summer Hathaway. Why haven't I seen you around before?" I asked confused to who he was.

"Freddy Huerta. I just transferred from Miami." He answered quietly.

"Oh. What brought your family here?" I questioned him.

"My dad got a promotion but involved transferring here." He said looking sad.

"You miss your old friends don't you?" I asked seeing the sadness in his eyes.

"Yeah I do. I don't think I would find friends here." He whispered.

"You're in luck! I am looking for a new friend. Would you like to take the spot?" I say grinning at him.

"Are you sure?" He asked excitedly.

"hundred percent. Friends?" I said offering my hand.

"Friends." 

⚛ ⚛ ⚛

"And that my dear listeners is how I met the love of my life. Yes, Freddy Huerta, I love you. More than a friend should love their friends. This tape is different to the others because you never did anything wrong. This tape is where I tell you and twelve other people the feelings I've been keeping. I know we can never be more than friends that is why I made this tape. I know I should have told you sooner but I couldn't things were just stopping me from doing it."

⚛ ⚛ ⚛

"Tomika, I think I am finally going to tell him how I feel today." I told her as we opened our lockers.

"Really? I hope it turns out well." She told me excitedly.

We headed down to our classroom. Tomika was telling me a story but I wasn't paying attention because I was thinking of what to say to Freddy.