Chapter 2 ~ We should be planning a wedding

*Phoenix's POV*

We ride through the cold air. I close my eyes, letting in the breeze. Feeling it sharply move over the surface of my skin.

Causing the hairs on my body to stand on edge.

Just as I open my eyes, it's like everything's in slow motion as sparks fly and curses and hex's are thrown in different directions.

Hagrid quickly zooms off into the distance with the real Harry.

Me and Jinx loose the others in the fight and get chased away by a death eater.

While Jinx is sat behind me, fending off the death eater, I keep my eye on the horizon, heading towards the burrow.

"Phoenix, I think we lost him...!"

Just as we get through the barrier, surrounding the Burrow, I notice a curse get thrown towards me.

Just at the last minuet, Augustus swoops down dodging the curse just as the death eater throws another, hitting Augustus right in the heart.

We crash land in the from garden of the burrow.

I crawl over to Augustus, ignoring the sharp pain I feel in my left arm.

I know me and Jinx were the last back, I hope everyone else made it back alright.

*George's POV*

I'm laying on the sofa, feeling slot of pain on my left side of my head.

Mum is fussing over me, Fred is sat in front of me, looking as if he'd seen a ghost.

Jinx walks in the kitchen looking scared as hell, then she sees me, and looks at me with all sympathy while walking towards Fred.

"Jinx, where's Phoenix?"

I ask, my voice deep and croaky. Jinx looks up at Fred, then back at me.

I feel my heart sink in my chest, is she...? Could she...?

"Phoenix is fine, she made it back alive, Augustus didn't make it, he got hit with a curse and crash landed in the front field, Phoenix is with him now"

I glance around the room and see Mum stood next to Dad by the kitchen window.

"Fred help me up, Mum I'm going to see Alizandra"

Mum goes to protest but Dad steps in and allows me to go out in the front field.

Fred helps me walk out the house and Jinx is on my right holding me up.

I notice Phoenix leaning over Gus' body, he really is dead.

Poor thing.

Poor Phoenix.

"Hey Love you alright?"

I say, choking on my words as I stand over Phoenix.

She looks up at me with such sadness in her eyes that changes to guilt and sorrow when she's sees the state I'm in.

"Oh my Godric, George what happened in so sorry..."

"No, no, Phoenix stop. It's not your fault, I'm fine, I'm more worried about you."

I kneel down next to Phoenix, holding her close to my side.

***

It's the next morning, Bill and Flure's wedding, it's so freakin early I could just fall asleep right now.

I sneak down the stairs into the kitchen, I can hear Ginny talking to Harry.

I stand at the kitchen sink and take a sip of my tea in a cocky fashion.

"Morning"

I say slyly, causing Ginny and Harry to part their ways from their kiss.