Chapter 3

I pushed my swing back and forth trying to shake my anxiousness. I am still debating on whether I should tell him or not. Toshinori seemed to notice since his face start to contort with worriedness.

"Hey...you can talk to me, I'm always here to listen."

I was hesistant at first, however, I don't think I can keep this all to myself. I need to get this off my chest.

"Well, I-uhh....I-I no longer have my parents..." I trailed off as I try to swallow the growing lump in my throat.

"They died in a car accident, I was 10 years old at that time. I thought it would be like any normal day, with me, just patiently waiting for them to come home from work but they never did. The way they died were pretty normal considering the society we lived in now...to be honest, sometimes I wish they died in a different way, like maybe because of a villain. In that way...I can vent my anger and frustration to someone else." I stopped and took a deep breath. Toshinori suddenly placed his hand on top of mine, giving it a firm squeeze.

"You don't have to force yourself to tell me everything...I mean, just like what you told me earlier. I won't pry any deeper, I'll wait for the time that you would be ready to open up to me."

"No, it's alright. My parents, they were quirkless so there's nothing they can do to save their lives. That's why it's kind of unexpected when I developed a quirk, they say that I probably inherited my grandparents quirk. So umm, back to the problem...every time I close my eyes to sleep, all I could see is their lifeless body and all I can do is watch them bleed. I-I couldn't save them...I feel so helpless...so vulnerable. From that day, I promised that I will be a hero and I'll do whatever I can to save everyone. I don't want anyone to suffer the same way I did, especially a child." Damn, I think I'm about to cry.

"I'm sorry about what happened to your parents...They may not be here anymore but I'm sure your parents are very proud of you. You've grown into a strong and wonderful person. I know you will make a great hero, someone who has a heart as big as yours, you'll definitely make it. Keep moving forward and remember, I will always be by your side. It might not be the same as with your parents being by your side but you can count on me alright? You have me, keep that in mind (Y/N)." The tears I've been trying to hold back bursted, just then, I felt my face being buried into Toshinori's chest. He wrapped his right arm around my shoulder, his left hand gently patting my back.

"*sniff* I'm sorry Yagi-san, you're shirt is probably covered with my tears and snot." My voice sounding a little bit muffled.

"Ahahaha, it's fine. You don't have to worry about my shirt and please, just call me Toshinori." He has this gentle look on his face and that was when I noticed how beautiful his eyes are.

"I could get lost in your blue eyes all day long..."

"...wh-why would you suddenly say that!?" Toshinori sputtered blood again and he is blushing profusely. Is it just me or Toshinori-san seemed to cough blood a lot when he's with me.

"Shit I didn't mean to say it out loud, shouldn't have said that..."

"It's alright, I think your eyes are beautiful as well." He said chuckling not yet registering to him what he just said. I was left dumbfounded by what he said and when he did realize, awkwardness surrounded us.

"Ahh, I guess I shouldn't have said that too..." With that, we find ourselves laughing and the awkward tension around us dissolves.

"Anyway, I hope you don't mind but may I ask who is taking care of you?"

"It's my aunt. She's currently working abroad so I'm all by myself now. She left when I was 15 years old but I was able to manage. She gives me monthly allowance and she likes sending me things, I don't even have to ask. I'm really lucky to have someone like her."

"You're really admirable, at such a young age you've been through a lot and yet, here you are. And I'm glad that you have someone like your aunt but if you need help with anything, don't hesitate to contact me, okay?"

"Sure, thank you so much!" I gave him a quick hug which took him by surprise.

"It's gotten really late so I'll send you home."

"Okay, Toshinori-san!" He just gave me a wide smile as he gently patted my head.

Damn that smile.