Chapter 2

It was already midnight and I still couldn't sleep no matter how hard I try. Everytime I am about to drift off, I would start remembering the past. I kept on tossing and turning in bed until I decided to go out and breathe some fresh air.

I headed to the nearby park in our neighborhood where I usually spend my night whenever I wanted to ease my mind or couldn't sleep. As I reached the park, I sat on the swing and look up to get a better view of the stars.

I was greeted by the beauty of the night sky, it was a familiar scenery that I would never get tired of looking at. Just then, I heard a familiar voice call out my name.

"(L/N)-san?" My eyes instantly landed on a pair of blue eyes.

"Ohh, Yagi-san! Hello."

"What are you doing here at this time of the night? It's dangerous for young girls like you to be in the streets up this late you know."

"I couldn't sleep. A lot of things has been bugging me so I needed some fresh air." He was walking towards me and I noticed that he isn't wearing an oversized shirt like he usually does.

"I see, but still, it is dangerous. You should have told me, I wouldn't mind accompanying you here."

"Really?"

"Of course."

"Sweeeet. Thank you, I'll keep that in mind." I am thankful that it was quite dark here or he would have noticed how red I am right now. "So how about you? Why are you here?" I asked changing the subject.

"Same reason. Looking at the stars helps me forget my problems. I can be in my own little world without having to worry about other people." A tiny smile appeared on his face as he made his way beside me to sit on the other swing.

"Yeah, something about the starry sky is calming. So...what happened?"

"Nothing much, just needed a break from work is all."

"That reminds me, what's your work?"

"...I work at a hero's agency."

"What!? You never told me that!"

"Well, you never asked."

"Hmph, which hero is it? She or he? Is he/she part of the top 10? Gaahh! I'm curious! Is it perhaps, All Might?"

"Okay, enough with the questions young lady. Let's talk about yours, not this old man's life."

"Hey, you're not old. But, how old are you anyway?"

"HAHAHAHAHAHA!" A fountain of blood came out of Toshinori's mouth as he laugh my question off.

"Come on! I want to know your age." I said pouting.

"HAHAHAHAHAHA! It is...top secret." His lips twisted into a slight smirk.

"Booo. You sure love to evade questions regarding your life. Very fishy." I said giving him a suspicious look. I noticed that he started to look uncomfortable so I dropped it, at least for now.

"Just kidding, I understand. There must be a reason why you want to keep your life private so I won't pry any deeper. I'll wait for the time that you will open up to me willingly. Just so you know, I'm always here if you ever needed someone to talk to." I told him to assure him that I have no intention of forcing him to do or say something he doesn't want to.

"Thank you (L/N)-san." He said, a gentle look on his face.

"So what about you? What happened?" His tone is laced with worry but I chose to remain silent.

I wonder if I should tell him...