Chapter 1

AUTHOR'S NOTE: "BEFORE ANYTHING, I MADE SOME CHANGES REGARDING READER'S AGE. BEFORE, IT WAS 17 YRS OLD BUT I DECIDED TO MAKE THEIR AGE NOW AS 20 YRS OLD. LET'S JUST SAY, THE READER STARTED SCHOOL AT A LATER AGE."

Damn it! I can't reach it! Why am I so short. I was trying to get my favorite snack when suddenly, I felt someone lean against me and reached for the same thing I was trying to get.

"Here." I turned around to see who the owner of the voice is, only to came face to face with someone's torso. I slowly looked up and let out a loud gasp. The guy is probably 7 foot tall! He is wearing an oversized plain white shirt and an olive green cargo pants. He has a yellow defying gravity hair, shadowy eyes, and a somewhat lanky body.

"Woah, that's one hell of a height you got there.", I suddenly said without a thought. Crap! I said it out loud, someone put a tape on my mouth please.

He just chuckled in response.

"I-I'm sorry! What I mean to say is thank you!"

"It's fine young lady, I often get that kind of reaction and you're welcome."

"Umm, anyways, thank you again mister." He smiled at me and then left. What a cute smile...

Ever since that day, I often bumped into him in the convenience store at least once or twice a week. For some reason, he always happened to be there whenever I am trying to reach for my favorite snack. He always get it for me to the point where I started to look forward to our little meeting.

I was on my way home, when I noticed a familiar looking figure walking at the other side of the street. Oh! it's the tall guy from the convenience store.

As if we were some old pals, I shouted at him "Hey Mister!" he looked around before turning into my direction and pointed at himself.
"Yes you, it's me! the always-trying-to-reach-for-something-but-always-failing-miserably-girl from the convenience store."

He squinted his eyes a little and recognition registered on his face.
"Oh hello!" He said then I run towards him and I tilted my head upwards. I really can't get used to his height no matter how many times I see him. He's so tall, sometimes I wish height can be donated. I'm sure he wouldn't mind being a height donor.

"Are you on your way home?"

"Uh, yeah. What about you?"

"Same here, mind if I tagged along?"

"Not at all." he said with a kind look on his eyes. Oh right! I don't even know his name yet and i have the audacity to asked if i can walk home with him.

"Umm mister, I just realized that we've been bumping into each other a lot lately and we haven't introduced ourselves yet. Soooo, I'm (Y/N) (L/N). " I told him sheepishly.

"You're right hahaha, well I'm Toshinori Yagi." He scratched the back of his head, giving me a small smile.

"I can't believe we actually live in the same neighborhood. I mean, I don't think I've seen you anywhere before."

"Oh well, I'm not usually at home so that's probably the reason why."

"Ahh, work?"

"Yeah."

"I see, so which block are you? Mine is in block 31."

"Ahh so yours are a couple of blocks away from mine. It's block 27."

"Oopss, guess you'll be going now huh? We're in block 27."

"Ohh you're right, but I'll walk you home. It's getting pretty late, it's not safe for a young lady like you to be walking alone these days."

"Wha-are you sure!? You don't mind?"

"I wouldn't insist now would I?" I saw a light smile appeared on his face.

"Hahaha, I guess you're right. Thank you Yagi-san!" We chatted a few more, mostly about our hobbies, likes, dislikes,birthday, and other stuff. I found out that he likes watching movies as well as the cedars of Yakushima which I think is kind of odd but in a good way. Then later on, we just walk in comfortable silence, until we reached my home.

"It's nice getting to know you Yagi-san! Thank you so much for walking me home! See you when I see you I guess? Hehehe."

"Alright, it's a pleasure meeting you as well (L/N)-san. Until next time." He waited for me to get inside my house before he finally left.

And this is how it all started.