Chapter Thirty-eight

Knockout awoke with a helm ache. He sat up slowly rubbing his head slightly. He opened his optics and looked at his surroundings while rubbing his helm. He almost vented in relief when he found himself with the Autobots instead of with Megatron. He feared the warlord's rage would brutally kill him.

Wheeljack seen Knockout awake. "Finally awake 'con?"

Knockout scoffs. "Won't be a 'con soon enough." He mumbles.

Wheeljack blinked. "What do you mean?"

Knockout quit rubbing his helm, venting softly as he looked over at Wheeljack. "Megatron is killing us off one by one. If I had returned he would've either A: Killed me or B: Beat me until one of the drones could fix me. You see why I'd much rather let you guys take me instead."

That's when Optimus came into the room with the two of them. He walked over to Knockout and opened the cell door. "Knockout, I have come to ask if you would join us in saving Starscream's life and stopping Megatron once and for all."

Knockout stood up and walked over to Optimus. He frowned slightly. "Is Scream...?" He doesn't finish his sentence as he didn't know who all knows her condition.

Optimus gestured for them to walk and the two left the ship and walked to the base. "She's not well. She's dying because Megatron sparked her."

Knockout's optics flashed in pure anger. "THAT FRAGGER! I'LL KILL HIM!" He growled under his breath quietly. "She might lose another trine if sparklings because of him."

Optimus heard and his optics widened. "He got her sparked before?!"

Knockout clenched his servos. "Multiple times." He hissed. "She tried to block the codes several times but his coding kept getting through and sparking her. Mostly around the times when she went into heat which happened every three vorns. He figured it out when she would lock herself up in her room for a week asking me to bring her energon since I can't spark her up."

Optimus turned his helm to him. "Why not?"

Knockout smirked. "I'm a carrier type. Why do you think I worry about my looks?" He places a hand on his hip and bit his finger looking at Optimus up and down. "To be blunt Prime, you look sexy even with those hideous scratches and dents."

If Optimus blushed he didn't show it. He changed the subject though. "Were you and Breakdown...?" (A/N He was so totally blushing.)

Knockout's mood went down. He turned away and kept walking. "Airachnid killed him and I never got to tell him the good news." He murmured sadly.

Optimus walked beside Knockout and placed a servo on the young bot's shoulder as they came to a stop. "I am truly sorry for your loss Knockout. If you need anything you may come to any of the Autobots for help."

Knockout smiled sadly and held his helm low. "I appreciate the offer Prime. Just help me live through Megatron's rage and my youngling will be safe. I managed to snag some of the synthetic energon formula so maybe me and your medic can work on it while we're helping Starscream."

Optimus smiled softly. "We will get through with this all together."

Knockout smiled before rubbing his chassis where his spark chamber is. He vented. "I think Breakdowm would be very happy that I was here. He would've wanted us to be safe." He mumbles the last sentence down to his chassis not meaning for Optimus to hear.

Optimus placed his servo on Knockout's shoulder. "We would be happy to have you both here Knockout."

Knockout's optics watered as he looked up at Optimus. "I wish he was here. I miss him so much Prime. I just don't know what to do without him." He tried t blink his tears back by holding his head up but only managed to make them fall faster as his small frame trembled with held in sobs.

Optimus pulled Knockout towards himself and hugged him as the shiny red meche cried his spark out for a minute or two in his hold.

Knockout sniffled and pulled out a soft cloth to wipe his faceplates. "I'm sorry Prime. Being sparked is so emotional I can't help but cry for my beloved conjunx-endura."

Optimus patted Knockout's shoulder. "There's nothing to be sorry for Knockout. You're going through emotional turmoil from losing your loved one. You have been holding it in since you were told haven't you?" He said softly with small smile on his faceplates at Knockout.

Knockout nodded without looking up as he cleaned his faceplates. "I thought it couldn't be real. I... I was so angry." He clenched his servos. "I wanted to scream at Megatron and Dreadwing. I wanted to scrap Airachnid by myself. All I managed to do was wreck my med bay up before making the drones clean it up." He scoffed. "Did you know Breakdown once told me that if I ever become sparked with his sparklings that Bulkhead would be it's god sire?" He smiled a watery smile looking up at Optimus. He chuckled softly. "I thought he was insane! I told him... I told him, 'Breaks! Why would you even think he'd be a good god sire! He hates you!' He... he just looked at me with the most sweetest smile I had ever saw and said to me, 'Because even though we fight he knows I'd still consider him my wrecking bro.' All I could do was stare in awe at him."

Optimus smiled softly. "Breakdown knew that Bulkhead would honor his memory of anything were to happen to him. Bulkhead still believed that he was a good meche and I have to say that he was right. You should be proud."

Knockout smiled sadly as he looked down. "I always was." He whispered.

Optimus smiled softly and the two started to walk off to head to Ratchet's med bay.