Eighteen

While Ratchet was with Swindle and Starscream, Optimus stayed with the human children.

Jack looked up at Optimus, "Starscream's been through more than you thought didn't you Optimus?"

Optimus nodded. "Indeed he has Jackson."

Miko sniffed. "It's so sad. He must feel so weak and useless because he can't save his brothers' sparks even if they are already dead. He must feel so broken."

Optimus looked down at Miko. "A seeker like Starscream needs his trine. Without it the seeker will try to either give up on life or become mentally unstable."

Jack hummed in thought. "Well he did become unstable if he kept trying to over throw Megatron."

Raf spoke up. "What if he did that because he thought that Megatron would reunite his dead spark with his trine?"

Optimus shuttered his optics for a minute. "You may have a point Raf. We shall learn more about Starscream in time. For now, let us hope that we can change him for the better."

The children nodded.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~
Ratchet gently helped Starscream sit on the med berth. "Starscream? Do you even know what's wrong with you?" He asked a little worried.

Starscream smiled sadly. He chuckled half heartedly. "I do."

Ratchet vented. "Will you tell or should I?"

Starscream vented softly. "I want to tell so I can explain. For now I just want to take things slowly. Have you been able to find more energon?"

Ratchet nodded once. "We did thanks to you."

He turned away to mess with his tools to fix one that Bulkhead broke. "Should we get more?"

Starscream shrugged slightly. "I suppose. I just want to fly again before I do anything else."

Ratchet nodded. "You will be able to fly soom enough. I'll see what I can do for you to fly outside. If your feeling up to it later, you can go for a walk." He picked up an energon cube and handed it to Starscream.

Starscream took the cube and drank a sip before speaking. "I would appreciate that."

Ratchet glanced at him as he watched Starscream slowly drink most of the cube before offering it to his minicon. He smiled so very lightly it wouldn't be noticed if someone saw them in the med bay.

Swindle chirped happily with his clicks and beeps as he drank his fill before leaving the rest to Starscream to drink.

Starscream finished the cube off and moved Swindle to sit on his servo until he laid down on the berth for the minicon to sit on his chassis.

Swindle clicked at Starscream as he sat on the fliers chassis.

Starscream listened to Swindle in amusement. "Go. I know you want to play with the younglings. They are around the same height as you." He paused listening to Swindle beep at him. "I'll be fine. Go! Have fun." Starscream scooped up his minicon on one servo lowered him to the ground.

Swindle jumped off and looked up Starscream with worried optics.

Starscream rolled his optics and slightly pushed him. "Go you little troublemaker. Go and raise the pits for all I care."

Swindle looked like he pouting before he beeped happily with a what could've been noticeable grin, before he ran out the med bay to go play with the human children.

Ratchet chuckled. "Quite energetic isn't he?"

Starscream looked sleepily at Ratchet. "Very. If there were sparklings around it'd most likely be worse."

Ratchet's optics widened. "By the Allspark your right."

Starscream's optics were dimmed as he was going into recharge. "I'm... always... right." He feel into a deep recharge with no dreams this time, or at least he hoped so.

Ratchet hummed softly in thought. He stayed that way as he worked in silence while Starscream recharged. All he could think was one thing. If Starscream was always right, why did noone listen?