Thirty-one

Arcee checked the console. "Optimus! It's Soundwave!"

Optimus turned his helm. "Bulkhead, Bumblebee, Arcee, I would like for the three of you to go after Soundwave. Call in base for backup or extraction. Autobots... Rollout!"

Starscream looked up at Optimus, still in his arms. "Shouldn't you go? He'll surrender to you, you know." She said tiredly.

Optimus nodded. "That is true. But you need to get back to the med bay and rest. You can barely stand as it is. I will call Arcee back to base and get her to man the console while we get Soundwave."

Starscream nodded sleepily, slowly falling asleep again. "Soundwave... cares... He wants... to protect... Lazerbeak... from... Megatron..." she said softly as her optics closed.

Optimus smiled slightly. "Then I'll be sure to negotiate. Recharge now Starscream." He said softly as he gently stood back up with her fast asleep and brought her back to the med bay.

Ratchet looked up from his work. "She fell asleep again?"

Optimus nodded before gently setting her down on her berth and putting the cover back onto her slim figure.

Ratchet vented. "When she wakes again I'll give her an exam, but for now I am almost done getting most of Skyfire's systems back online again."

Optimus turned to look at his old friend. "We will be bringing in Soundwave soon. Starscream told me he would surrender to me if I went so I will be back."

Ratchet noddedn "Be careful Optimus. Neither of us knows his end game."

Optimus nodded and left the med bay. He seen Arcee about to leave through the ground bridge and stopped her. "Arcee, I would like for you to man the controls. I will go instead to captyre Soundwave."

Arcee vented. "Alright Optimus. Just be careful out there."

Optimus didn't say anything as he transformed and drove through the ground bridge. He seen Bumblebee and Bulkhead shooting at Soundwave and missing. So Optimus transformed and blasted Soundwave in his wing.

Soundwave fell and transformed before he hit the ground, so he landed on his pedes holding one arm as it bled profusely from the hole in it. His visor stared Optimus down as he walked forward.

"Soundwave? Will you come with us peacefully so that we may talk without Megatron's hovering?" Optimus said.

Soundwave smirked slightly under his mask. He liked the sound of that. He turned his helm slightly to the left as Lazerbeak came up beside him and attached herself to his chassis. He took a step forward and held out a tentacle for Optimus to take. A smiley face icon on his faceplate.

Optimus nodded and shook Soundwave's tentacle, a little awkward with the situation. He called to base. "Arcee, we need a ground bridge at my coordinates. We have a guest."

A groundbridge showed up and all four meches went in. Soundwave held his bleeding arm and a frownyface icon appeared on his visor as he looked to Optimus.

Optimus seen it and walked towards the med bay. "Follow me and Ratchet will fix your arm."