Mason washed his hands and scrubbed his knuckles with the hand wash and dried it. Grabbing a tissue paper he wiped off the extra drops of water.

"You also know that it was your sister's choice." Jack said and Mason took no time grabbing him by his collar.

"Not a word about my sister." Mason hissed.

"You can go on denying the truth and live behind the lies you have made up yourself. It won't change a thing, Stewart. You and I both know that." Jack said getting rid of his hands. He gave him one last look before stalking away.

"I am not denying any truth." Mason yelled but Jack was long gone.

Mason growled covering his mouth with his hands. He pulled his hair in frustration. When he looked at the mirror, he saw his hopeless loser self staring back.

Mason clenched his fist tightly before getting out of the washroom. As he made his way outside, all eyes were back on him. He made way to his locker which had now stains of blood drops. Getting out his books, he went to his class. Mr. Pit said nothing as he entered the classroom. Without glancing anywhere else, he made way to the back of the class. He slumped down on a seat and Mr. Pit continued with the class.

His mind went overdrive to whatever that had happened. Mason had always seen himself as a terrible brother. He should have been by Mallory's side when their parents died and they were broken. Both of them deserted themselves. It was his fault that he trusted his own friends around his sister when she was the most vulnerable. Bryan, his own best friend, took advantage of it.

Everything was his fault. He didn't do what he was supposed to do. He could not take care of his little sister when she got all self destructive and wasted herself away.

Not long after, Mr.Pit called his name and notified that he was called by Mr. Harris, the principal of Gateway High. He pushed the door of the office open and entered inside as Mr. Harris gave him permission.

Mr. Harris looked up from the document he was reading and motioned him to take a seat. Mason sat down. He had nothing to say.

"Again, got yourself in trouble, Mr. Stewart?" He asked adjusting his glasses.

Mason said nothing in reply. He looked out through the window.

"You know, Mason. I used to know your dad, personally. He was a great businessman and also a great friend. He was a great help to the school and he had made huge donation for us quite a few times." He looked back at Mason. He looked disappointed.

"He had plans for you and your sister. He had shared those with me." He said and Mason could not look up to his eyes.

Mason felt he had let his father down. He had let everyone down.

"He would not be very proud of what you have done today." He said.

"Your uncle, following the footsteps, had kept up with the same flow and had never stopped contributing for us." Mr. Harris said and Mason wiggled his eyebrow. That was a news for him.

Landon Stewart was making donations? Mason thought and tried to figure out what could be his motives behind it. Landon would have never done anything without intentions. He loved his money too much.

"You are a bright student. I have always kept your records under my supervision and I am not surprised. Coming from the respectable Stewart family, I am sure you will make difference like your father and uncle," He said going through the same documents.

Mason flinched internally with his name being associated with his uncle's.

"So I am telling you now, you should spend your time in the right activities other than being engaged in something you have done today. Our institution has a no violence rules. What you have done, would have resulted in something bigger." Mason looked up and met his eyes.

"Count this as a favor to you from me. You have detention for the coming weeks and also have to perform service after school." Mr. Harris said leaning back in his chair.

"Mr. Stewart, you are dismissed." He waved with his hands and Mason nodded at him. He walked out of the office as he thought about what happened.

Mason could have been expelled but he wasn't because of his uncle's donation. He cringed at the idea and somehow made it to the class. He would die before taking any favor that would come from him. But for right now, he had no choice. He could not just leave the school after everything. He still had so much unfinished business. He still have to tie those loose ends that was dangling and eating him up from the inside.

They said words were harmless but words were the most powerful thing. It could make or break. He was under the impression of words that were thrown to him. Those were like a slap across his face. He was reminded no matter how long it had been he would never be able to run away from his mistakes.

Mason Stewart could not feel the ground he was stepping on anymore.

• • •

Author's note: That was quite a chapter huh? I know.

School starts next Monday and I'm super duper excited. Note the sarcasm.

Until next chap :)