19

Eve was angry true, but she expected Dave to come apologize to her and they could move forward. That's the plan, but apparently someone forgot to mention it to Dave. She waited and waited and he never came home.

The next day she confronts Leo, "Where the hell is Dave?"

Leo doesn't want to answer her, but also doesn't want to have further conflict. "He decided to stay at his hotel for now."

"Bloody coward." Eve says and leaves and suddenly a thought hits her and won't leave. He wouldn't would he? Not after-

Eve is suddenly sick. She gets to her room and takes her laptop to the infirmary. "Peter, how are you doing today?" 

She could tell he was awake by his breathing. "I've been better, I'm just happy to see you up and about and not hurt any worse for wear."

Eve tries, she really does, to smile but she just can't manage, "That yet remains to be seen. I need eyes that won't lie to me. Dave swore that you are someone I can trust and I have started trusting you. I need you to tell me the truth no matter what you see. Can you do that for me?"

Peter is uncomfortable with the thought that what he might say would hurt her, but he desperately wants her to trust him completely. He feels that they've already started, he doesn't want to ruin that. "I will tell you exactly what I see, no matter what it is."

"Good," Eve says but her voice is weak. She gets to work. She has all the codes for all the businesses in the mafia and is easily able to  pull up the footage from last night at the hotel. "I need you to tell me when you find Dave and which camera to have full enlarge. Then tell me what you see him doing, and who you see him doing it with."

"Found him on cameras two and three. Now he's in the elevator and that's camera 10. He's walking to a room and entering. It looks like he has only Zander and one other, I can't see who, with him."

Eve pulls up the video others don't know is there, but keeps the other up. "Shit, just what happened to you all yesterday?" Peter says getting a clear look at Dave.

"I was taken and Dave used himself as a distraction. Kept them from touching me, but you can see what it did to him.

"Zachary helped me get out and Dave then the cavalry came it to get us. Zachary died protecting that ass. Leo brought me home, but instead of talking to me he," and the is no doubt as to who Eve is referring, "decided to avoid talking to me by going to his hotel."

"He looks hurt pretty bad." Peter whistles soundlessly.

Eve isn't impressed, "We've both been hurt worse and lived to tell about it. If it had been truly bad he'd have had medical help."

"He's showering and changing clothes."

"What kind of clothes? Casual, business or what?"

"Not the kind for business, but..." Peter trails off. He blanches as Dave heads for the door. "He's leaving. He's dressed either to go out to a nice bar or club, Eve."

Eve keeps the words inside that she wants to say. "What camera?"

"Elevator." Peter says unhappily. This isn't going to end well he can tell.

"Where is he going?"

Now Peter is confused, he didn't hit the ground floor button. "Third floor." Eve can hear his confusion.

"There is both a bar and nightclub on that floor of this hotel." Eve explains and hears Peter lean back in his pillows.

"Which did he enter?"