11

"Let's go out tonight," Dave says coming into the room. He goes behind Eve and snuggles into her neck. Ever since she told him that she likes that he does it whenever he can and Eve isn't complaining. Nor does she complain as he pulls her closer and runs his hands over her.

"Is it safe?" She manages to get out rather than the moan of pleasure that was threatening.

She feels Dave chuckle, "It's never safe for me to go out. I don't want either of us to live our lives in fear."

Eve remembers what she wants to talk to Dave about and so pulls away from him. She immediately feels the loss of his heat, but it makes it easier to think as well.

"Eve? Did I do something wrong?" Dave asks confused at her moving away from him.

"No, you haven't done anything, but I can't think when you are like that and there's something I need to know." Eve bites her lip. She's pretty sure that Dave isn't going to like the question and she's honestly not sure how he's going to feel or respond.

"What's wrong?" Dave asks in concern and tries to go to her and pull her in his arms again but she steps forward again.

"Stop, please, I'm just trying to get my courage up to talk to you about this." Dave stops immediately and stiffens.

"I won't hurt you, no matter what you talk about." Dave tries to reassure her.

Eve tries to give him a smile but she's still worried, "I hope so." She takes a deep breath while Dave watches her with trepidation. Eve never has a problem talking about things with him.

"After we are married and even before," Eve's voice breaks and she looks away.

"What is it?" Dave now asks worriedly.

"Are you going to be spending time with other women? It will kill me to find out that you are still with others I don't think-" Dave pulls her to him and gives her a hard kiss.

"By the time you told that bitch off, I was only with other females because I needed a distraction from my thoughts about you. I don't want any other females, just you." Dave reassures her.

Eve lets her tears run down. "I'm sorry, I had to ask. Do you know what the last thing I saw was?"

Dave takes the hair from her face and places it behind her ear, "I don't."

"My father fucking another woman. Once he was done she takes out a gun and shoots him. Then there is a pain as something strikes my head and I wake up blind. I'm told that my parents are dead."

"Shit," Dave says holding her. He can't imagine seeing something like that. Seeing her father having sex alone would be traumatizing but it being someone other than her mother and then that person killing her father. Perhaps it was mental trauma after all that caused her blindness. He can definitely see why.

"One thing, I never understood why they didn't just kill me then. There was obviously a traitor among those closest to my father to knock me out after the bitch killed my father, but they didn't kill me. I never understood that."

"They loved you. They didn't like how your father was running the mafia and so they took him out. Your mother wasn't innocent. She had her own lovers. She was killed by her lover just like your father was killed by his." Dave decides it's better that she knows the truth since she saw what she did.

"I, I had no idea," Eve says faintly and Dave is quick to take her to the sofa and having her sit.

"I'm not very good at giving bad news, obviously. I'm sorry. The man that knocked you out, he didn't mean to cause you to go blind. He just needed you to behave while they dealt with other things. They knew that you would be under my father's protection once your father was killed. They were more than content with that."