Chapter 50

"Darling you look great" she says. I cant believe my eyes. Why would she want to have lunch with me?

"Elizabeth?" I look at the young woman who stands In front of me. She almost looks younger than when Cameron introduced us. "I think you made a mistake" I approach Cameron's Mother. "Cameron and I are not together" I inform her.

She puts a smile on her face. "Honey, I know. That's why I invited you to this lunch"

She leans in. "I'm not here to change your mind. Don't mistaken this" she gives me a friendly reassurance. I had to admit. That's what I was thinking the minute I saw her.

But if she's not here to interrogate me, than what is the purpose of this lunch?

"We are just waiting for Sierra" she looks around and I join her. who's Sierra? Could this be an ex? Could his mother be that cruel?

"Oh here she is" I spot a average height brunette. She is wearing navy blue skinny jeans and a white blouse with fancy sandals. She is beautiful. She flashes Cameron's mother a smile and goes in for a hug. who is this girl?

"You must be Alexia" she turns to me. "I'm Sierra" she goes in for a handshake. "My mother hasn't stopped talking about you"

My mouth almost drops. Cameron never told me he had a sister. I'm a little relived but still. Why didn't he tell me?

What should I say. His Mother cuts in. "Let's hurry on and not miss our reservation"

The.three of us walk inside the restaurant and are quickly seated. "So" Sierra picks up the menu. "Cameron has told us you two are no longer together" I nod my head. I wonder what Cameron told them.

Sierra drops her menu as the waiter approaches. "Can I start you ladies off with some drinks?"

" A bottle of your finest Champagne please" Elizabeth says. I almost go to oblige but I stop myself. the waiter nods and walks away.

"Alexia" Sierra looks up. "I know Cameron has done some terrible things to you" she starts. "But he is a great person" I watch as Elizabeth gives her a death glare. "No mother" she hisses. "It's true"

"I openly think you two were an amazing couple. You may have had some ups and down but every relationship does. To be quite honest, my friends husband had recently cheated on her. The two of them decided that even though he had made a mistake, they still loved each other"

She proceeds.

"The two of them went on a retreat in Bali with no electronics. Only each other. When they came back. The two of them say that they love each other more than when they first met"

I stop and think. Could Cameron and I ever get back together? Even if we did I don't think I could forgive him, I don't think he could forgive me.

What I don't understand is how that couple Sierra told me about could still be together after he did such a thing. Her friends must think she's an idiot for going back to him. That's probably what half of LA think of me.

But what has Cameron really done wrong? Yeah he gave Serena that bracelet And no matter his excuse he shouldn't have. But Cameron hasn't cheated on me, (for what I know) and he hasn't hurt me in a horrible way. I mean some of the things he says hurt my feelings but that's just him. No one can change that.

Change?

Speaking of change. He was probably so fed up with me trying to change him. If it were me, I would have said go away because I'm that type of person who doesn't change for anyone. I feel that if that person loves you enough, they could accept their flaws and move on.