03 ~ Hey There

Mulai dari awal

A place you refused to call home.

A place that you were hoping you wouldn't have to live in for much longer.

///

It didn't take long for the bus to arrive to the stop nearest to the house.

You thanked the driver with a polite smile and stepped off the bus, only for others to get in the bus.

You walked through the neighborhood, your body tense as usual.

This was not a nice neighborhood, at all. You've lived here for almost two years. Its known around the area for being a ruff area. Meaning that it wasn't the safest of places.

Car alarms went off as often as birds sing.

Windows were broken as fast as the winds blowing in trees.

And the stench of marijuana spread faster than the chicken pox in any poor eight year olds class in school.

Both considered dangerous to anyone you met.

You moved with the man who is considered to be your father after your mother passed.

You used to live in a nice house. Not to big, not to small, it was just right you could say.

You used to have a very strong relationship with your mom. She was understanding and caring.

She always had the perfect cure for whatever it was that was wrong with you.

Be it a stomach ache, or just some kids picking on you at school.

Your father on the other hand was never the ideal dad. He would never want to participate in anything got to do with you and your mom.

Your mom used to just say that he was just a bit of a introvert, but that was a load of bullshit.

He was only with your mother because she was a family friend and it pleased his parents.

And he didn't used to act the way he acts with you now, but that was due to the fact that he had to keep your mom on his good side otherwise she would divorce him and he would've never recovered from that.

But now in his mind, your mom was gone so who cared what happened to you.

And that's why he acted the way he did.

He lost his job.

He lost his house.

And all sense of pride really.

He became an alcoholic and a serious gambler.

And where did he get his money you might ask?

That's where you come in.

Not only were you his punching sack, you were his source of an income.

And that's why he hadn't gotten rid of you.

Yet, anyways.

You wouldn't face anything harder in life than losing your mother. It's been nearly two years and it hurts more and more each day.

But sadly, that was your life.

Has ending your life and putting yourself out of your misery ever crossed your mind?

Yes, yes it has.

But whenever that thought came into your mind you would immediately think of how disappointed your mother would be, and that was enough for you to not do such horrid things.

You arrived upon your house.

The lights were on.

Shit.