eleven

today's song

quit - cashmere cat, ariana grande

maggie lindemann

he sleeps peacefully on his bed, so innocent and vulnerable to the world. his back muscles carving into his skin, making his back more attractive than it should be. his long dark curls point in every direction. his chiseled jaw making him look more of a god than what he already is.

or should i say demon.

"i can feel you staring at me and it's getting kind of creepy." his raspy morning voice knocking me out of my trance.

earlier i walked into shawn's room to see if he wanted to catch up over breakfast, but i zoned out when i saw him lying in his bed, upper body on full display.

he sat up, rubbing his eyes. "how long have you been standing there?"

i shrugged. "i don't know actually. i know your an early bird and you wake up at six thirty every morning so i woke up a little earlier to see if you wanted to go out for breakfast."

he smiled, getting up and walking towards his bathroom. i walked up to his bed, letting my body drop onto it.

"where do you want to go then?"

  ▿ 

i sat across from shawn in the booth we had picked here at waffle house. the smell of bacon and eggs filled my nose as the waitress came back to our table with our food.

"are you sure you'll be able to finish eggs, bacon, toast, hashbrowns and a chocolate waffle?" he asked picking up his fork.

"you think because im a girl i won't be able to finish all of this?" i crossed my arms above my chest, leaning back.

"that's exactly what i'm thinking." he smirked.

i leaned forward, making intense eye contact with shawn from across the table. "don't test me shawn, you don't know my eating habits."

shawn laughed, "you're so not intimidating."

i rolled my eyes, digging in to my food. not only am i going to prove him wrong, but i'm going to finish before him.

"so what have you been up to these past three years?" he asked, moving the food around in his plate.

i looked down, thinking about my answer. "nothing really, just getting my mind off things most of the time."

"so tell me the sitch on dylan, i wanna know more about the kid." he sat back on his side of the booth, ready to hear what i had to say.

"are you coming for kim possibles career?" i laughed.

he shrugged and gave me a toothless grin, "maybe."

i grabbed my orange juice and swirled the straw around, "well he's just a kid, nothing special. his parents are from beacon hills and they're always in constant danger so when they had him, they knew he would've been killed if they didn't protect him properly. so they called me and i went to the rescue."

"how long have you had him? like how old was he when you first brought him in?" he stuffed his face with the piece of toast that was slightly covered in butter.

i smiled remembering the day i met dylan, "he was 11 when his parents called me to take care of him. he lived in their house for about a month and it was way too dangerous for him to stay. so i've had him for three years and i'll have him until he's ready to take care of himself."