one

this chapter is dedicated to my fellow quakers. you guys know who you are, and i love you guys. thanks for helping and supporting me with my story

september 23 2020

shawn mendes

"come on shawn, you've been at it for three years now, give it a rest. if she wanted to be found she would make it easy." cameron sighed.

"what if she's dead, i can't just sit here and thi-"

"if she was dead, you would be dead too. she's the love of your life and you're hers. one of you dies, so does the other." he stated.

he was right. if she was dead i would be dead right now. at least i know she's alive, but i can't give up now. i've been this close to finding her and when i think i'm 3 steps ahead of her, she's always been 5 steps ahead of me.

"cameron's right shawn, take a break. a day at least, we'll make sure you have a great time and get your mind off things." anna said.

anna has been with me since my turning day. she taught me how to control my hunger and how to fight, along with using my vampire skills.

"and look, an even better reason to celebrate and have a break, september 25 is coming up!" cameron smirked.

as for cameron, he's been my bestfriend since we were kids. although he did turn an exact month before i did, we stuck together through it all. he was my best man at my wedding, and was going to be my daughters godfather but, accidents happen.

"yes! that's a perfect day for you to have a break day. september 25 1864, the day you, my friend, turned into a vampire."

-

catarina mitchell

"did he say anything about maggie?" i asked.

"not a peep. you can hear it in his voice, he's really hurt. how long has it been since he's seen her?" madison asked, looking back at ava.

"three, three years." ava said, looking straight ahead towards the road. you can see her holding back her tears. maggie was our bestfriend, we were the fantastic five.

it was always like this. everyone knew us for being together every second of the day. if someone didn't know us people would be glad to fill them in.

"guys we'll find her, i promise." emily said.

"how are you so sure?" ava whimpered.

emily sighed, "because we've been inseparable since we were kids. it's always been like this. we'll find her and we'll bring her home and everything will go back to normal."

"em we live in a world full of vampires and werewolves and many other supernatural creatures." i chuckled.

"none of this is normal."
-

anna valentine

"i'm so glad you guys could make it!" i said to the group of four girls that stood in front of me.

i had to admit, it was weird seeing them together without maggie. it was always the fantastic five but now it was just them. you could see the pain in their eyes, they were hurting as much as shawn was.

"come on, we're all in the living room." i said.

once we walked into the room, i saw shawn get up and walk towards them.

"hey guys how've you been?" shawn asked giving each one of them a hug.

"we've been better." emily said.