eight

today's song

angel on fire - halsey

maggie lindemann

"where is he!" i yelled as i busted through the doors of my home.

"he's in the living room passed out on the couch." ava said.

i ran towards dylan's lifeless looking body and crouched down next to him.

"what is going on with you dyl?" i sighed, taking his hand in mine.

"how long has he been out?" shawn asked.

i shook my head, not understanding the problem. dylan is a human, so where are these things coming from? his father is a human and his mother is a banshee, and if anything he would be a banshee as well.

"20 minutes at least." catarina says.

confusion rushes through me as i try to think of something else that could be causing him to have these so called 'episodes', but nothing comes up in my mind.

"this doesn't make any sense. stiles is a human and lydia is a banshee, if anything he would be a banshee as well, but he's a human. so why does he get these all of a sudden?" i look at mia, confusion written all over her face as well.

"maybe-" teegan sighs. "maybe somebody's triggering him into getting these episodes, or maybe hes in the middle of transitioning into a banshee and these are some side effects?" teegan says, a hint of uneasiness in her tone of voice.

"no, that's not possible. lydia never had episodes like these where one minute you're okay and the next you're eyes are rolling to the back of your head and blood is coming out of your nose and you're mumbling things no one can understand. that's not possible unless–" anna takes a breath and looks towards the bookshelf full of bestiaries that was hung up on the side wall.

"unless what?" madison whispers, her eyebrows pulling together in confusion.

"unless someone's trying to change the rules." mia said, sitting down on the couch across from me and dylan.

"wait what are you talking about? what rules?" emily laughed nervously, crossing her arms over her chest. "what rules are we talking about exactly?"

i chuckled, "the rules of the supernatural world."

"yeah they just keep happening and i've never seen this happen before so i don't really know what to do." i chuckled into the phone, raising my left hand into the air.

"ok ill justi'll figure something out. i'll call you if anything happens, bye." i hung up the phone and set it on my bed.

"why can't i figure this out." i whisper to myself, shoving my head in my hands.

i hear footsteps coming from outside my door and i wait for them to come in. "maggie."

i turn around, walking towards him. "yeah dyl?" i run my fingers through his dark, curly hair.

"can we go outside for a little?" he asked, his fingers fidgeting with the lock on the bedroom door.