ten

today's song

photograph - ed sheeran

maggie lindemann

all that's been passing through my head is what cameron said. i've done everything to get rid of it, and it doesn't work.

just say yes.

but all i've been doing is avoiding both cameron and shawn all day. there's not a real reason as to why i'm avoiding cameron, i just don't want to hear his voice when it's already echoing through my head over and over again.

just say yes.

"dad hasn't called, it's been a while." dylan frowned. his fragile body was slumped over the living room couch.

"don't worry kid, he'll call soon." i smiled at him, trying to lighten his mood. "if anything your mom will call."

"i doubt it." he sighed. he stood up from his place in the couch and walked towards the stairs. "i'll be in my room if you need me."

i frowned, knowing what he said was true. his parents were too busy protecting beacon hills they hardly had any time to call him and see if he was ok.

just say yes.

i sat up, and walked towards the back doors of the house. i followed the trail of red roses that were planted into the ground that led towards the middle of the garden.

surrounded by plants and the sounds and smells of nature relaxed me. the stone bench was cold to my touch, and yet it still soothed my heart.

just say yes.

i stared at the ground across from me that was full of tulips. if i want him, i need to tell him. every relationship is full of problems. it's ok if we get hurt, we'll have each other in the end.

just say yes.

but i can't tell him. it's selfish of me to tell him that while he was hurting all on his own, killing himself, losing sleep, and becoming mentally weak i was living a life full of nothing but satisfaction and adrenaline.

just say yes.

i was killing for the fun of it, it soothed my broken heart. and he was slowly dying, all on his own. and i let it happen, knowing it was my job as his wife to fix him.

just say yes.

but i can't. i cant do this to him. he's been nothing but honest with me and i've been lying to him this whole time.

just say yes.

just say yes.

just say yes.

"yes." i whispered. i opened my eyes again, my head still towards the flowers across from me. the cold wind was softly blowing against the tulips, making them look alive.