seven

today's song

radioactive - imagine dragons

maggie lindemann

"guys check this out!" i yelled.

"what's happening?" cameron asked.

after the incident that happened with dylan yesterday, i wasn't going to let him sleep by himself, so i planned on staying in his room to watch him over night. i may or may not have fallen asleep on the hard floor.

"look at this, hansen is having a gala tonight and carter's going to be there. he said there will be someone in the vip lounge that can help us with everything that's going on." i said, showing cameron my phone.

being around cameron still makes me slightly uncomfortable after he accused me of everything. but im slowly getting over it.

"do i have to go? after yesterday i'm still kind of worn out." dylan said, stretching his arms.

"there's no way you would've came even if you were totally fine. i cant put you in danger." i shrugged.

"i'll stay and watch him while you guys go to the gala." madison pitched in.

i shook my head. "no can do mads, i need every vampire in this house at that gala. the rest of us will stay here and watch dylan and make sure no one comes inside the house."

"what time is the gala?" shawn crouched down to see the invitation on the phone. "gosh this invitation is so small, i can barely see anything."

"that's because this is just a picture of it, shawn. we're getting a real copy of it, thanks to carter. without an invitation, we can't get in." i locked my phone and put it in my back pocket.

i turn around and face everyone. "the gala starts at 9, we have 5 hours until then. so go find something to wear. we're meeting up again at 6 to discuss the plan."

-

"what to wear, what to wear." i murmured, sliding every peace of clothing in my closet.

"no, no, no, not that one, that's just gross, oh god no, for the love of god why can't i find anything to wea—" i cut myself off when i see a long black skirt with a slit on the left leg.

"hmm, what can i pair you with?" i say, looking around the other side of my closet.

"this is perfect."

i picked up the cropped tank top and set it on my bed along with the skirt.

i stepped in the shower and let the hot water hit my back, letting it relax me.

-

shawn mendes

"does this look good?" i asked cameron.

"that's perfect. after i don't know how many suits we finally found the perfect one for ya." cameron laughed, patting me on the back.

"haha very funny." i rolled my eyes and set the suit on the bed.

"i'm gonna go shower." cameron said, walking out of the room.

i put my black hoodie and sweatpants back on and i walked out onto the balcony that was connected to my room.

i stared at the trees, how lifeless and cold they looked during the winter. the occasional sounds of birds chirping disappeared and the animals around vanished.