Chapter 6: Damsel in Distress?

☾┋ 𝔞𝔲! 𝔳𝔞𝔪𝔭𝔦𝔯𝔢 𝖉𝖔𝖈𝖙𝖔𝖗

➳ 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 6

note: 𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕚𝕤 𝕒 𝕨𝕠𝕣𝕜 𝕠𝕗 𝕗𝕚𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟.

"All my life I have been building walls of trust to protect me from the world that is unjust

"All my life I have been building walls of trust to protect me from the world that is unjust. Piece by piece, I built these protective walls that I confined myself in. It was a place of comfort knowing no one else could get in." Aera was writing on her journal, writing her daily dose of thoughts. Since the time she heard that the Hellsing organization has preparations to exterminate vampires, she became more cautious of her actions, not trusting anyone she talks to.

"Aera, get ready! We're going to have our farewell dinner with the Yan Hospital team!" Hyesoo yelled from the other side of the room, dressing up into a pink halter strap dress.

"How do I look?" Gayoung asked, strutting a pose with her black maxi dress.

"You look stunning!" Yuna replied, wearing a blue halter dress.

"I guess I'm the only one who isn't dressed!" Aera gets a slap of reality. She gets up from the bed, dashing to open the cupboard. She chooses a red knee-length dress with a sweetheart neckline.

The farewell dinner was celebrated at a picturesque resto-bar called "Oriental Nights". The venue's lighting had shades of blue. As you walk in, you'll be welcomed by a fanciful aquarium. Soft jazz music will be accompanying you around. High tables were set up near the bar designed in a chic modern motif. On the other side, there were long tables and pristine couches for dining.
The men looked classy and refined in their polos. Dr. Ko Myo and Dr. Khun Zhenji entered the room, linking their arms together. The food came in, such relishing dishes to savor. Before the night ended, the two doctors showed their gratitude by giving a cake to Seoul National's medical team.

"Cheers to all of you! We wish you luck and prosperity in your medical career!" Zhenji spoke, beaming a smile.

"The Yan Children hospital team would like to thank you for your service!" Dr. Ko Myo added.

Finally, time passes by very quickly. The challenging segment of the medical mission came. Battlefield medicine. It is defined as combat casualty care wherein medicine is practiced to treat the wounded. At the military barracks, there is a clinic where wounded soldiers go to. Gunshot traumas are treated by surgeries. As a battlefield doctor, you will be witnessing the sight of platoons doing their daily exercise routines every morning. In the military grounds, earsplitting sounds of guns become normal to one's ears. In a place of a gloom and negative energy, working in the military grounds made everyone think that it's never easy to devote oneself to such a service.

Everyone had their designations. Aera who specialized in surgery was assigned in the emergency room. On the other hand, Hyesoo and Youngjin did shifts in the general operating room. Alongside, Yuna and Hanbin worked hard treating the soldiers who had simple colds and flu.