-Twenty seven-

"Serenaaaa! Guess what!" Lisa's voice made it to my ears and half functional brain over the video call. "What?" I asked, slamming my books closed by keeping a pencil between the pages. "We won this" Theo appeared on the screen, waving some bits of papers at the screen.

"What are thooose?" I asked and then laughed. "Ser-iously? That meme is old now" Theo cracked a smile along with the pun and Lisa grabbed the papers from his hand for he was still waving them. "Tickets!" she announced happily. "Tickets?" I asked.

"Yeah, I won four tickets to this concert" she was so excited. "I have so much to study but, tell me more!" I rubbed my palms. "It's kinda like a music festival, so many stars will make an appearance, it's going to be awesome!" Lisa half sang half spoke in a shrill voice. "Totally cool!" I widened my eyes.

"Yeah and since we have two extra tickets, you and Dan can come with us!" she broke the news and I remained still for a while. "No way" I couldn't believe it. "Yes way, I can confirm your presence next week right?" she grinned.

"I will come, but about Dan.." I stopped. "Bring him along! You are great at convincing" she said. "I am good at convincing, not making miracles happen" I frowned. "Why? He doesn't like concerts?" she asked. "After what happened, he probably doesn't like me" I shook my head. This was where Theo put his face in front of of camera.

"What happened best friend?" he asked. "A misunderstanding" I shrugged, it was the word of the week. "It's always a misunderstanding" Theo looked sideways at Lisa who wasn't paying attention to him, instead she stared intently at me to say something.

"Forget it guys, it's going to be fine" I said. "But what happened, not like he saw you kiss someone else or something" she smiled, flipping her hand in front of her. When I didn't smile, she stopped and looked at me like I told her I was dying. "Liz, that is kinda what happened" I furrowed my eyebrows. "You what?" Theo snapped at the camera.

"Let me get this clear, I did not kiss anyone. Kevin kissed me" I enunciated every word. "Serena, I get the problem here. Why don't you explain?" Theo asked. "You think he wants to listen?" I raised my eyebrows. "She's got a point" Lisa said. "Yeah, bye now. I have an exam tomorrow morning" I told them and cut the call feeling better having told them about it and feeling miserable that Dan hadn't talked to me yet.
x-x

Lack of sleep and intense pain in my right hand were signs that my exam had finally gotten over and all I required was one more exam in six months to finally get to where I wanted. All I could think of was getting some sleep at the moment.

I was yawning and walking like a zombie, cracking my knuckles when Colin saw me. "Hey Serena, how was it?" he asked me. "The exam was good, hope my answers were fine too" I said. "No work today right" he asked. "No, I nee seep" I yawned again. "Sure you need sleep," he smiled "but listen.."

"What? You look so happy right now" I said. "Exactly, here" he removed a beautifully crafted envelope from his pocket and gave it to me. My eyes opened up in joy as I read it and then hugged him. "Dr. Halls, congratulations!" I smiled, giving another glance at the wedding invitation that lay in my hands. "Thanks Serena. It's this Friday, you have to be there. Bring Daniel too" he said.

"I will. I'll call Natasha today. You guys are getting married!" I shrieked in glee, not commenting on the Daniel part. "Come early alright. And you know Natasha is Indian, so she has specially requested for you to get ready with her friends" he remembered and instructed me. "Awesome" I put the invitation in my bag and went, feeling happy for my closest boss friend.

Just before taking the exit to home, I took the detour and drove to Dan's place instead. It was one in the afternoon and the heat was annoying. When Matt opened the door, the cool air conditioning swept across my face and gave me a glimpse of heaven. "Serena, nice to see you" he brought me in and gave some water which I gulped down.