-Twenty four-

"Dr. Marano, there are these strange dreams I have been getting" I was sitting in the psychologist's room during my break at the hospital. It had been long since I had talked to him, the last time being when Kevin had paid a visit unexpectedly.

"Are you telling me you are worried about a dream?" he questioned, making me feel silly. "Yeah.. but I have  seen the same dream twice and it was about someone getting killed" I explained. "Dreams hardly ever make sense, in your case it's just about the fear of losing a loved one" he said calmly.

"How did you know it's a loved one?" I asked him, quite astonished at the details he could assume. "You seem pretty distressed to me and by the the looks of it, it could only be a person who you love or are very close to" he told me while moving his hands around a lot.

"Just try to get over it" he gave his final piece of advice as I left the room.

"So how was your camping trip?" Colin asked me when I was returning to my cabin. "It was pretty good!" I said, smiling. "And you look too happy about it" he noticed and indirectly questioned me about what exactly was the reason. "Happy? Yes I am, very happy indeed" I said again which only made him even more curious.

"Okay then, good for you" he smiled back and turned to retrace his steps, slowly and dramatically just so that I could stop him and tell him. In the end I always ended up dictating the incident to him and his slow walking trick somehow served the purpose.

"Alright but don't spread this, me and Dan might have just gotten back together" I grinned. "Woah! You and that NASA guy! You guys finally have some 'space' of your own" he turned to me and shouted. "Yeah I just told you not to spread it" I sighed but couldn't help being happy for myself, especially after seeing his reaction and hearing his puns.

"Alright, I'll see ya later" I said and walked to my room.

I was surprised when I was called out by Angel to the emergency ward. "There's not a single doctor on duty there, so you have to be there. Besides, the patient has specially requested you to be the one in charge" she smiled and I followed her into the room and pulled the curtain that hid the bed from view.

"Hey" Dan sat cross legged on the treatment bed. "Hey.." I smiled at him. "It's the tenth day after those stitches" he said and pulled down his t shirt neck to reveal the wound. "Yes I remember" I said but in reality I had forgotten about it.

"Dr. Mayers, I have to leave because there are many patients outside" Angel said and left though I doubt that was the real reason.

"Do I just hang around here?" Dan asked me and I turned to him. "Yep sorry, I have to ask you to remove your t shirt again" I said and moved to get my gloves on. "Then ask me" he said and I looked back at him in time to see a smirk form on those lips. "Seriously?" I asked him but couldn't help laughing.

"Yeah, go on" he said. "Okay, could you please remove that t shirt because I can't proceed if you don't" I sighed. "Sure, since you insist" he winked before pulling it over his head. "Finally" I muttered and went to him.

He was just staring into my eyes and it was hard not to concentrate on him while having to do my job. "How's it?" he asked while I continued looking at him. "Perfect" I said under my breath. "Huh?" he asked, slowly sliding a hand on my hip. "I meant the wound you know" he said, biting into his cheeks. "Um yeah, the wound's healed well" I came back into the real world.

"What did you think?" he asked, performing a cute eyebrow wiggle. "I was talking about the wound too" I looked away from his capturing gaze. "Sure you were" he pulled me closer.

"Dan" I said, pulling my eyes low. "Yes?" he asked like an obedient patient. "I thought you were here to get your stitches removed" I put my hands on his shoulders. "I am, just that my doctor is very beautiful" he smiled and it made me melt.