ChapterNine: The Princess

Start from the beginning

Maeve took the mouse on her hands and smiled at him. "I didn't see anything y-you should worry about."

"If only the princess would have got to know that poor man she w-would have discovered that he was actually a prince. Rich handsome prince, he would have been everything she ever dreamed of. The only reason why he was wearing those rags and a hood in his head was that he didn't want to be robbed on his way to the princess castle.

If only she wouldn't have been harsh on what she first saw. They would have been married and got children. Just like her dreams." And just like that one of her favorite stories came to end.

"My Mother a-actually told me once what is the story really about. It tells a story of how a person can't see past the fact that bothers him or her. And because of that princess never got to feel true love."

Maeve snorted "I actually cried when I first heard this story."

That's when she saw a large shadow walking away from her cell. Maybe that's what scared her little friend.

***

"CATO!" The King roared. He hasn't seen his best friend in a whole day, and he had an urgent thing he needed to inform him so that Cato can arrange it or have someone else to do it.

"Where is that mongrel!" He continued and started to walk around the castle to find him. But it seemed like the earth had swallowed his Beta. Maybe he predicted that Dominic was trying to find him so he hid.

And in a damn good place.

Dominic ordered few guards and servants to inform to their Beta that the King is looking him and he is very pissed of. The servants and guards ruined away from him looking like they wet their pants.

He walked around the castle until he found himself walking right towards the cell his mate was in. First, when he reached the cell he was going to walk in there and talk to her or torture her. He hadn't made up his mind yet. Maybe he could do both.

But when he was outside of the cell he heard her speak.

She was telling a story. To who she was telling it was a mystery. Maybe she has lost her mind and was telling it to herself because there was no one in that cell expect her.

The story she was telling is a story about some princess and a poor man who is was executed. Or that is what Dominic figured out. His own mother never told him any stories, few maids told him a few stories.

"What's w-wrong?" He heard her voice. Who on the earth is she talking to? She is truly as crazy as Caspian described her. He heard her walking around the cell until she sat down again.

"I didn't see anything y-you should worry about." The human said again. Only if she would have known that the man who had the star lead in her nightmares stood in the shadow next to her cell.

The human girl continued her story.

"It tells a story how a person can't see past the fact that bothers him or her. And because of that princess never got to feel true love."

The King listened carefully. He never believed in true love and he never will. He knows what true love did to his grandfather.

He died.

That princess in the human's story died.

Many other werewolves that he knew died because their mate died.

And Dominic isn't going to join them. That girl will die in a few days. He had ordered execution for her or he would have if he would find his moron Beta.

"I actually cried when I first heard this story."

After hearing that Dominic walked away. That girl is too stupid for her own good. Her imagination will get her killed if Dominic didn't kill her. Because those who believe in love will die because of that. Dominic doesn't believe in it and either did his father.

The King walked into The Great Hall. And when he was in there he saw his Beta standing near a wall and staring at it.

"I heard you were looking for me."

"I have a task for you." Cato turned around and watched his King carefully.

"Please don't tell me that it has something to do with that human. If you can't kill her because of your wolf I can snap her neck for you. She has been an interesting quest in this castle but every quest has to leave someday. Of course, unless you have changed your mind having a mate."

"You will arrange an execution."

"You are going to cut her head off?" The King nodded.

"We both know that if you are there watching her head being separated on her body your wolf will lose it. He did it once and no doubt he will do it again. No wolf deserves to watch their mate die."

"That's the reason why I won't be there to watch it."

"What do you mean?"

"As my second command you will be there to watch her die and I will be somewhere far away from here."

"What if you just stay here and I will snap her neck."

"If you want to die in the hands of my wolf."

"Fine. I will order someone else to arrange her execution." After Cato said that the King started to walk away from The Grand Hall. Now he didn't have to worry about her. She will die when he is somewhere far away from here.

"Say her name," Cato said.

"You don't order me. I'm your King and you should respect that."

"After you say her name I will never mention her to you again, My King." Dominic stayed in silence. He made his way out of that room, but before he disappeared he said exactly what his Beta wanted.

"Maeve."