The World Still Moves

Satan City, 12:57, Weekend; Satan Residence, District 666

A world returning to normal. No matter how much chaos spreads, in the end, everything returns to the established status quo. And the world keeps moving. At least, this is how it was to the Earthlings. It had been a decent week and a half since the events of concerning Majin Bū had been resolved, and the Tenkaichi Budōkai had concluded. To the majority of Earthlings, it was all a blur; the events of the Tenkaichi Budōkai were barely registered thoughts in their minds, though "Kuririn" had gone down as the Champion for that particular Budōkai.

Due to unfortunate events of which the Earthlings knew nothing, Kuririn had passed on, the money had been passed to his next of kin, and so his wife, the mysterious No. 18, had been to Papaya Island recently to claim the prize money. But the Championship title, however, was another story entirely. With the passing of the Champion, the title did not go to the one who was second place — Tenshinhan, who most likely wouldn't have shown up for summons regardless — but to the previous Champion, the famous Mr. Satan.

And thus, the world clamoured around its 'Champion', where cheers of "SATAN" could be heard around the famous martial artist's residence as he was covered with crowds of reporters. Every single one of them wanted details from the man himself about the Tenkaichi Budōkai, the details they knew he could provide; the final match, how he'd won, everything they couldn't remember. And Mr. Satan knew one thing — he couldn't possibly tell them the truth. Being the man who harbored Majin Bū, he was exempt from the wish that erased the memories of the Earthlings; but he'd also been informed that he couldn't possibly tell them.

Furthermore, who would believe such a wild story as that?

So Mr. Satan regaled them with a tale of his exploits, one that would surely grow with every subsequent retelling. It was a cock-and-bull story that the media practically jumped on, as the world simply loved hearing of Mr. Satan's exploits. As he told the tall tale, they listened enraptured, and when Mr. Satan concluded, he had beaten the second place runner up only to have barely lost out to Kuririn — as even he had more standards than to speak ill of the deceased — but due to the latter's unfortunate demise, Mr. Satan had once again been called upon to be the Tenkaichi Budōkai champion.

The reporters were enthralled by Mr. Satan's nobility, and left with a positive image of the World's Champion in mind. Once all the reporters had cleared out, Mr. Satan heaved a sigh of relief. For the Champion — real name 'Mark' — this was hard work, repeatedly fooling the masses. But they've come to expect a certain level of skill from him, to be impressed, and it was how he'd built his life.

Stepping back into his mansion, Mr. Satan felt himself relax, back in his own element.

"You think you should have done that?" a voice, familiar, but also slightly cold, came off from the side. Mr. Satan turned to see his daughter standing in a corner, a headband wrapped around her head, and dressed in a simple white gi. "Your lies will catch up to you sooner or later, Dad."

"Um, well..." He wasn't used to being confronted by his daughter in this way, and stumbled over a response. Videl, however, didn't waste time. Her expression was stern, but it had a sympathetic edge to it. Or was it pity?

"Dad, you're too old for me to actually stop you, but wouldn't a bit of honesty do you better?" She walked past him towards the door, opening it and stepping out into the front yard. "I don't think Mom fell for an actor."

"V-Videl, wait!"

But Videl paid no heed, her aura flaring up, and rushing out of the home. Her form disappeared into the sky, leaving Mr. Satan flabbergasted. Videl had been going out and staying out late frequently, and even though she went out in gi — telling Mr. Satan obviously that she was training out of the house — he still couldn't help but worry. They used to be so close when she was little, but as she'd gotten older, she seemed to be drifting away from him. Satan frowned, walking through his house towards a previously unoccupied room.

Sitting in that room, on a large bed, was the form of Majin Bū, surrounded by sweets. "Satan!" called out Bū. "Where Satan been? Bū bored!"

"S-Sorry, Bū, I was busy talking to reporters!"

"Re-Poh-Turs?" Repeatedly Bū slowly. "Bū don't know what that word means! Sounds confusing!"

"They're people who tell a story for everyone else to hear," replied Mr. Satan, figuring it was the easiest way for Majin Bū to understand what a 'reporter' was.

"Bū still not follow," replied the Djinn, placing a gloved hand to his chin in irritation. Wafting smoke began to drift from his skull, and Mr. Satan immediately waved the conversation away, urging Bū not to think quite so hard. Steam from Majin Bū's head didn't bring back pleasant memories for him, and in truth, it'd be better if he never saw that again.

There was a yipping bark, and a small puppy ran through the open door of Majin Bū's room; he jumped onto the bed, and Bū picked him up. Bē — the name Bū had given the puppy — licked the Djinn's face enthusiastically. Majin Bū giggled like a child, and Mr. Satan's face broke into a warm smile. He was more grateful to Gohan than he could probably say for letting Majin Bū — for letting his friend — live.

"Not so bored now, are you, Bū?" inquired the martial arts champion.

"Nope! Bū not bored now because Bū with friends!" The formerly evil Djinn replied, a toothy smile of his own as he looked at Mr. Satan over Bē's repeated licking of his face. "But, Bū is still lonely. Bū watches humans walk around with their really close people; Bū wants that too!"

"Oh?" Mr. Satan caught on quick. "You want a girlfriend, Bū? Well, I'm not sure what we can do about that; not many regular humans are content to marry....well, outside of their species. Though I suppose I could look around," he added half-heartedly when he saw Bū's crestfallen face. "Tell you what, I'll go see what I can do, while you sit here and play with Bē!"

"Okay!" replied Majin Bū innocently, and Mr. Satan left the room. Majin Bū looked around his room, and saw books — something he'd become more recently familiar with as Mr. Satan had been teaching him how to read — and telekinetically called one of the tomes over to him. Picking up the hardcover, Bū started at it, reading the book's title slowly out loud. "Bob...and...Margaret's...Forbidden Games... Bū think this sound fun! Bū read this one!"