Thus Reigned Destruction

The Universe, Simultaneously with the Tenkaichi Budōkai, Planet Terang

Hakaishin Beerus could not help but be bored. He sat in a polished marble chair, elbow on a table, face resting in his hands. Before him was a table, equally polished. Littering the table now were empty plates, where just before, there had been a veritable mountain of dishes. That had been the high point of the day. How many times had he seen this, exactly? To show up on a planet scheduled for destruction, only for the inhabitants to attempt to appease him through offering a good meal and entertainment.

"A hundred thousand, Lord Beerus," replied Whis, who was standing dutifully behind Beerus.

"Hm?" the Hakaishin's ears perked, turning towards Beerus. "What's a hundred thousand now, Whis?"

"Surely you were just thinking about how many times humans have tried to convince you otherwise in regards to destroying their planet?"

Beerus replied with a non-committal jerk of the head; a hundred thousand? It seemed like more. Then again, this entire ordeal that was before him seemed as if it had dragged on for hours. If anything, he missed the food. His yellow eyes watched the stage, where a multitude of unattractive aliens were performing a complex dance number, and let out a deliberate yawn.

Another alien, with a heavyset face, blue-skin, and dark grey beard, cast a worrisome glance at Beerus' obvious dissatisfaction. "Is his Lordship not pleased?" he asked, voice shaking with obvious trepidation. "W-We can perform another act, Lord Beerus!"

The Hakaishin waved him silent, and motioned towards the stage. "Don't bother yourself," said Beerus. "I've sat through the majority of the show, I suppose I'll watch it through to the end. It isn't like you'll come up with something more interesting, trust me."

"A-As you wish, sir," conceded the alien. The festivities as such continued, and Beerus continued to watch them in the same manner of disinterest. To him, it all blended together after awhile. These mortals. Their desires. A continual lack of progress. He'd seen it all. And thus he let his mind wander; the Hakaishin's brain, which held millennia on top of millennia of thoughts, drifted towards what he wanted to know so desperately.

What had been his dream?

It had been whispering in the back of his since he'd woken up. Something calling to him. Beckoning him. The prospect of a challenge, perhaps? A true rival? It's becoming clearer! Is it in relation to this Saiyan...perhaps? A Saiyan who defeated this Majin Bū...? "THAT'S IT!" He tapped a nail absentmindedly on the table in thought, completely ignorant to the fact that the 'entertainment' the aliens were putting on had come to an abrupt end.

"Lord Beerus," struck up the alien as tentatively as he could. "The performance is finished...i-is there something else you would like f-from us?"

The Hakaishin pushed himself back from the table, lightly standing up. "No. I believe we're done here." He scratched the back of his head with a claw, and his face curled into a smile. It was this single action that horrified the alien before Beerus, and those who had tried to entertain them. It was remorselessness, mirthless, and condescending packaged into a single expression. No warmth reached the yellow eyes of the Hakaishin, and he raised his hand lightly into the air.

A small, white kikha formed within his palm. It was barely the size of a marble, and for a moment, the Terangians thought they were being let off with a warning. This thought could not have been more incorrect. Beerus turned his palm towards the planet, and let the kikha fall. It descended slowly, and seemed to phase into the planet.

"Whis!" said Beerus lazily.

"Yes, Lord Beerus," replied the attendant. He stepped forward, and lightly tapped his staff onto the surface of Terang. A barrier erupted from it, enveloping himself and Beerus. As it had been with Planet Unfu, the chain reaction began. The crust of the planet began to split, magma rushing from beneath the planet's surface, breaching into lava as it spread across the globe. Terang shook violently; trees uprooted themselves, with the waves of the ocean crashing into the shore. Tidal waves began to form, sweeping across the globe. The gravity of the planet began to compromise, with its inhabitants beginning to float.