Nothing?

Information you must know for the story: Kimi is my own character and not part of the video game. Language will not be appropriate for minors. If you do not appreciate inappropriate content, then please leave now. Do not report, as it would be unnecessary since this story is marked Mature. This story will be in your POV until stated otherwise.

I sit back and watch quietly, pouting to myself. I was invited to eat out with the whole group, and Kimi promised me that I was going to be able to sit next to him. Well. Promise kept, I suppose. I thought to myself as I continued to glance over, trying not to watch Terra and Aqua flirt with each other while looking over the menu. I sighed and grabbed Kimi's arm, pulling her closer to me. "You didn't tell me you were going to sit him next to Aqua. You know everyone thinks they have chemistry." I hissed quietly into her each before she flinches and quickly pulls away from me, fearing I was going to bite her ear off in anger.

"W-Whoa, calm down! I didn't know they were going to sit next to each other either! I can't read minds! I shake my head and scoot away from the table. "Well, that was a bust. Guess I'm done." I shrug my shoulders, standing up. Kimi's eyes widened and goes to grab my arm, only to watch me walk around and sit on the other side of her, away from Terra and Aqua. "Oh, I thought you were going to leave the restaurant." I scoffed and shook my head, taking another glance at the love birds. 

"Yeah right, and miss out on free food? I just didn't want to constantly be slapped in the face with a bunch of love over there." I nudge my head in Terra's direction, facing the menu once more. We were at a new Japanese restaurant, one that embraced the Japanese culture by having the customers enjoy their food on long kotatsu tables while seated on seat cushions on tatami mat flooring. It was perfect for the winter season. Kimi frowns and scoots closer to you, holding up the menu in front of her face, as if it were to make it less obvious that we were talking about Terra and Aqua. "Hey, it's not that bad! I'm sure you still have a chance with him!" 

I roll my eyes and lean back casually, trying to see the other side of Terra. My eye twitches as I turn back around the face the table. "Kimi, she's sitting on his lap. I literally don't have any chances." I hiss again, venom probably oozing from my teeth. Kimi shivers and scoots away again, becoming slightly concerned. "M-Maybe you're not seeing properly? You can only see so much when you're leaning back like that!" I sigh again, shaking my head. "With the effort I've put in to get closer to him and take our relationship to the next step, I keep being knocked down by Aqua. Remember last year, before you and I graduated? Terra was our professor's aide. I always tried to talk to him during our breaks, but Aqua always came to visit! I never got a chance! There's no way I can top her. She's gorgeous! And the same age as him too! What would he see in someone who is like 2 years younger?"

I lie my head on the table, giving up hope on my situation with Terra. Kimi frowns and gently rubs my back as she tries to console me. "I'm sorry, _____. If he has no interest in you, he's truly missing out." Kimi glances up and sees the waitress coming our way and smiles, scooting closer to the table once more. "Well hey, let's try to cheer you up with some food, yeah? Like you said, your order is on me, so order as much as you want!" I take a deep breath and sit back up, not being able to hold back a small smile. "Thanks, Kimi." I whisper as everyone starts to put in their orders.

- Terra's POV -

"I don't know. I'm nervous. I didn't think she was going to sit next to me! I always thought she and Ventus had the hots for each other since they're always talking to each other! Or maybe she's lesbian and has the hots for Kimi? After all, Ventus and Kimi are probably about the same age as her. I'm like 2 years older, don't you think that'll hinder any attraction towards me?" I whisper to Aqua as we get comfortable in our spots at the table. Aqua shrugs and turns towards me. "I'm certain she likes you, Terra. Her behavior around you totally proves it. Why are you so in denial about it?" I sigh and glances behind me, seeing _____ whispering in Kimi's ear. "She's never said herself that she sees me that way, and we've had many conversations in the past." Aqua laughs and shakes her head. "Terra, she's not going to tell you herself. If anything, she's waiting for you to say something. But what can I say, you're both an awkward bunch." She smiles and turns, looking at the menu. "You should try asking her out on a date. I'm sure she'll say yes."