Chapter 28 - Suprise

Katata helped Nami back to the palace, both sigh a little more relaxed from people eyes. Many people knew them and seeing them walk back together close and Katara with an arm around to her far away shoulder from her, it looked a little strange and suspicious.

Katara took her to Nami and Zuko's room, katara worried that maybe something serious was wrong but was optimistic that it all was ok.  Nami didn't say a word, she was praying and hoping it was just a bug and nothing serious that would change anything.

Katara smiled as her " can you lay down on the bed, so I can try and I can try to see whats wrong" Katara said as she goes to get a jug of water.  Nami sighed as she lays back on to the bed while waiting on Katara if anyone could figure out what was happening it was her.

Katara returned with a jug sitting it on a bedside table and pulled a chair close to sit as she bended water out the jug to her hands making them glow as she began to examine her body slowly to take care into finding what was wrong.
Katara did not want to miss anything that could explain why she was feeling this way, as she got to her abdomen she stopped taking a moment to check a few times to be sure when things felt the same she bended the water back into the jug knowing what was her problem

" Nami there is no way to say this but, from what I felt and examined" Katara stopped midway taking a moment to compose her self to tell her knowing it may be a big shock, Nami sat up looking at Katara looking scared as she moved herself to sit on the edge of the bed, Katara took her hands sighing. "Nami I believe the reason you were sick and felt unwell was that you were having morning sickness because I believe you are pregnant Nami about at least maybe a month"

Nami went silent as her hands shook a little from the shock slightly gasping in as she hunched over pulling her hands to rest beside her on the bed " it makes sense, consistent weird emotions, hungry a lot more and not fond of certain smells" she covered her mouth bursting out in to tears a little, realising and fearing something as she grabbed katara's hands " you cant tell Zuko please, he will .... he will be mad  not yet"

Katara could see the fear and worry in Nami's eyes as she gave a reassuring smile " don't worry Nami I won't, that's your job to tell him when the time is right" Katara said bringing Nami into a hug. " I'm always here if you want to talk" 

<3 ~ <3 ~ <3 ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ <3 ~ <3 ~ <3

Nami waited a few days and still didn't tell Zuko, Nami feared to tell him thinking he would be angry that she got pregnant and they were not careful.  Nami came to the garden again in the early morning, she brought bread to feed the family of turtle-ducks, it calmed her to see them eating and little one playing with one another. 
Nami slightly smiled watching them as someone took a seat beside her as she turned to look she saw Iroh smiling at her as he put a hand on her head petting her like a kid.

"Something seems different about you, you seem more glowing in energy and distant from others these past few days, is something the matter my child," Iroh asked looking at her with concern on his face " anything you say or tell me will be secret unless you don't want to say it "

"I need to tell Zuko something and I do not know how he will react.....something serious," she said not realising she put a hand to her belly, Nami did wear a roomier and body covering dress to conceal the slight change in her figure at the belly.

" well my child,  whatever this serious topic is I'm sure he will be happy, maybe shocked at first but overall he will be happy, Zuko has always been stubborn but deep down he knows that he will support you, all he cares about is you his family never was perfect but you are his family and will always will be" Iroh said smiling again