Chapter 18

"Taeyong, put this on the manager's desk please." Seulgi passed him a file while still typing with one hand. Even after two months of working with her, Taeyong still finds it amazing how she could multitask things.

"Ms. It's time for lunch. Most of the others are already gone." Taeyong said returning to her table.

"Later I need to..."

"Seulgi." hearing him say her name instead of "Miss", she knew she had to listen. She closed her files and got up slowly, Taeyong staying behind her for emergency support.

"I'm sorry." she said to him as they stood alone in the elevator. Taeyong sighed, and hugged her.

"It's OK. Just please take care. You worry me alot. Imagine, if I wasn't your assistant, what would have happened to you." he released, and they stood apart as they reached the cafeteria.

"Let's go. What do you wanna eat?"

"Uh... They have pasta today. Just get that. And some juice." Taeyong nodded, motioning her to sit while he lined up for the food. Once he came back, they started eating, and Taeyong was acting off character.

Again.

"Yong. Stop, people will see."

"They're gonna find out sooner or later. Just let me enjoy my break." he said giving some of his fish to her, while taking some of her pasta himself.

"By the way," he continued, "you have an appointment today, don't forget."

"How can I when you remind me every single day?" she said, sarcastically smiling. He scoffed at her and they continued to eat, when Taeyong received a message.

"What is this?" an unknown number. He pressed it, and a photo came up, of the two of them eating, and sharing food, right now.

"What the hell? Who..." Seulgi looked around, and saw Krystal smirking at her phone, then eyeing Seulgi. She rolled her eyes, and whispered to Taeyong, who chuckled.

"Well, at least she's sending us memories. You know what," he smirked, "let's keep up the act, and spice it up a bit." he took a spoon of soup from his plate, and fed her. Seulgi snickered and took it, and soon enough, another picture was sent.

"Nice." he smiled.

Once they went back up, work continued as normal. Seulgi stood up and went to one of the shelves, reaching up for something, but wasn't able to fully get it.

"Here." Taeyong came behind her, leaning one hand on the shelf, and the other reaching for the file. From an angle, it looked like he trapped her.

"Wait for it." he whispered to her while staying like that for a little longer, then moved away. Once they returned to their desk, his phone vibrated again, and he quietly looked at it, holding in his laugh.

"What?" Seulgi peeked over, and he showed her his screen.

Unknown: still like her???

Unknown: 📷

She scoffed, and returned to her work.

~•~

"Ms," she turned to Taeyong, "shouldn't you be taking maternal leave by now?" he sounded concerned, but Seulgi knew he was lowkey scolding her, because he says the same thing almost everyday at home.

"Um... My date is two weeks from now, so I'll take from then." she said, her eyes telling him it's all good. Taeyong huffed and went back to do some work. Now that he's done with university, he had too much free time, even during work, which he would usually use to study.

He sat back and stared at the ceiling, when Seulgi got up very slowly, now that the baby bump is at it's biggest. He looked at her.

"Where are you going?"

"Just to put this in the next room. You can stay here." she said showing him a small box. He shrugged and leaned back, when he suddenly heard a crash, and a painful yell. He looked forward, and froze.

"AKH!" he ran to Seulgi, and held her in his arms.

"Se... Seulgi... Are you... What's happening?"

"It... Hurts... AAAHHHHH!" all eyes were on her, and many started rushing to her aid.

"Who has her husband's number?" someone yelled, and Taeyong's eyes shook as he held Seulgi in his arms, trying to get her up.

"I do!" Krystal yelled, and dialed the number. A phone rang, and all widened eyes went to Taeyong, who turned around to his desk, where his phone lay. One of the ladies looked at it, then at everyone else.

"Call again..." Krystal cut the call, and tried again.

"Why is his phone..." before they could speak, Taeyong took back his phone, carried Seulgi on to his back, and ran out. He went down to the car, and drove as fast as he could to the hospital.

"Yong..." he turned to her while driving, and saw sweat going down her face, her eyes closed shut as she winced in pain. He took her hand and held on tight.

"We're almost there. Just stay calm baby. Everything will be alright."

They arrived at the hospital, and the next day, Taeyong came into the ward, with a bright smile. He stood at the door, gazing at his sight.

In the bed laid his sleeping wife, exhausted after giving birth, having to go through a twelve hour long labor pain. And next to her, in a smaller crib, was his first child, his daughter, Lee Sarang. He moved closer to the baby, and touched her plump cheek, eyes full of love.

"Yong." he turned to see Seulgi had just woken, trying to sit up. He quickly shifted to her side, and supported her back.

"How do you feel?" he asked as he sat next to her, stroking her head. She smiled weakly and leaned against his body, with his arm around her.

"How's Sarang?" Seulgi asked.

"Sleeping." he kissed her forehead. "Thank you Seulgi. You gave us a healthy baby. That's more than anything anyone could ever ask for."

"Yea. Looks like you won't get to call me baby anymore." she chuckled. He pouted, then hugged her.

"You're still my Seulgi, no matter what." he pulled the crib nearer to them, and picked up the child, placing her in Seulgi arms. She kissed Sarang's cheek, and her eyes opened.

"Hi baby." Taeyong talked to the baby.

"See. You already started. What am I now?"

"Mm... Seulgi... Bear?"

"Just stick to baby. You can call Sarang your own teddy bear." she said, cringing at the name he tried giving her.

He laughed taking the baby and hugging her to his chest, continuously pecking her small head.

"Like this, I will sleep? Cuddling my teddy bear?" Seulgi sarcastically rolled her eyes and Taeyong chuckled.

While they were in their own world, a knock was heard at the door.

"Hello... I'm here for cleaning." a woman with a cleaner's uniform, a hair net and mask came in, holding a mop. "Just to take the trash out."

"Oh sure." Taeyong smiled, motioning her to come in. He returned to playing with Sarang and Seulgi as the lady did her job, eyeing the happy family.

They're really happy... she thought as she left the ward.

Oksook and Deokhwa came in later, both overwhelmed with joy about being grandparents.

"I will spoil her as much as I want, and no one can do anything about it." the old man laughed tickling the baby's tummy.

"Dad. Don't you dare." they all laughed at Taeyong, and went back to their small celebration.

~•~

Guys, this is not the ending.

The drama is just getting started.

And I promise you, it's not boring.