Irene Special

So I published this Special Chapter earlier for the 1K Special.

And yes, it's not a SeulYong part, but the whole story's about them anyways. So I wanted to show you a little bit of the outside.

Enjoy!

~•~

"Surprise!" she turned her head back to the door from the window, and a big smile took over her once emotionless face.

"Donghae." she called his name chuckling.

The man walked in, both hands occupied, one with a cake, the other with a bag.

"Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday my dear Irene,
Happy Birthday to you..." he stopped in front of her, holding the cake towards her where a candle numbered 25 lit.

Irene turned her wheelchair to face him completely, her eyes welled up with tears.

Not sad tears.

Happy tears.

She covered her mouth with both hands, too touched to speak.

"Come on. Blow it Irene, my arm..." she laughed when he faked his arm falling off from carrying the cake, which was in reality quite small. But she didn't care.

She blew out the candle, and Donghae smiled at her putting the cake down. His hand reached inside the bag and started taking out something.

"For you..." he pulled out her supposed gift, and Irene became a stone, managing only to say the item.

"Sh... Shoes?" her expression changed as she looked at him lost. Donghae gave a small smile.

"Irene, it's about time." she looked down to her hands. He reached for her face, cupping it in his hands, and held it up.

"I know you can do it. Trust me. I know you." she avoided eye contact, and flinched when he suddenly took off her slippers and socks, then put the shoes on her feet.

"Donghae..." he looked up smiling at her, fastening the final buckle. He got up, squatting so their faces were at the same level, and held her hands in his.

"Trust me Irene. It's time you do this. I know you can." he pleaded. Irene looked down again, trying to fight back her tears. One rolled down her cheek, and she felt a hand cup her face, and a thumb wipe it off.

"I... can't do... this. I d... don't want to. Please..." his hands moved up to her shoulders, and he grabbed them tight.

"Follow me. On three. One, two, three..." he pulled her lightly, getting her up on her feet. But instead of just shifting her, he held her up, making her stand. She winced, her hands clutching his sleeves on his shoulders.

"Put me down now." she spoke softly. Donghae instead took a step back, which caused her to move.

But, she couldn't walk.

"Come on Irene. You can do it..." he saw her shut her eyes in pain. "Here. Step on." he moved closer, and pulled her to stand on his feet, one foot one the each of his. The shoes didn't hurt since he was wearing his own.

"What are you doing?" he put her hands on his shoulders to hold, while his grabbed her behind her arms.

"Just follow." one by one, he started taking steps backwards, letting Irene's steps go forward. Each time, he could hear her quiet winces, but he didn't stop. He kept walking around the room backwards, so she could get used to it.