Chapter 13

Double update for TY's Birthday

ΦΦΦ

Taeyong waited in the lobby wearing a cap and mask. Most people knew him, so he didn't want to be seen, especially with Seulgi. Not because he didn't want to himself, but because of her. She wanted to be independent in this job, and he respects her decision, so thought it would be best if no one saw them together. If they did, he knew they would make up false rumours about her, and she would feel burdened.

"Seulgi!" she turned at the quiet but loud voice, and smiled. She ran to him and into his arms.

"Yong!" she spoke softly. "What are you doing here?"

"I want to have lunch with you. Now that even you work, it's really lonely at home." she snickered and pecked his forehead. They head inside to the cafeteria, and Taeyong sat in a direction so his face is hidden. They ate lunch and talked about Seulgi's day so far, and she couldn't stop ranting about Krystal.

"Seohyun seemed nice, but Krystal, wow. When your mo... When mother came in to see us, she flipped her hair towards us and walked to her like those mean girls in that movie." Taeyong chuckled at how cute she was ranting, and they soon finished eating, going back to the lobby.

"I'll miss you. Come back quick." she sighed at his request.

"Yong, it's work. Especially now I'm on probation, I need to work effectively. I'll be back home anyways, so stop whining, OK?" she could see him pout through the mask, and grabbed his hand. She moved closer, pulled the mask down a little bit, and kissed him. When she pulled away pulling the mask back up, he became brighter.

"Love you baby." he hugged her.

"You too. Bye." they parted and Seulgi went back upstairs. She took her place, and noticed Seohyun giggling at her.

"What?"

"You guys are so sweet. Hope you last long with your bf." Seulgi shushed her, and hid her face in her hands. The other kept giggling, when she looked up and smiled.

"Actually... Don't tell anyone yet please, but he's not my boyfriend. He's my... Fiance." Seohyun squealed as soflty as she could. They only just met that day, and their already close to each other. They continued their work while talking about themselves, but Seulgi kept a limit. She only said she had a fiance, and lost both parents. She hid her true life since she was not ready to reveal it yet.

Working hours ended. Seulgi and Seohyun walked out together and stood in front of the building, waiting for rides to go home.

"Who's picking you up?"

"My brother. Your finace's coming I assume." Seohyun wiggled her eyebrows, getting Seulgi annoyed, and laughed at her.

"Excuse me? Kindly move out of my way." the two looked behind, and were pushed aside as Krystal walked through them. Seohyun huffed, and a car had just pulled up that time.

"Oh. Bye Seulgi. Good luck." she whispered the last part, and Seulgi bid her as she left. She now stood a little behind Krystal, waiting for Taeyong, when a horn was heard.

"Seulgi!" she looked up and smiled, and noticed how Krystal stared at the car eyes wide open. She wondered why since Taeyong's face was still covered. She went in, and first received a peck on her cheek before anything else.

"I missed you." Taeyong took her hand and played with it while starting the car.

"Well, we're gonna have to get used to it. I missed having you around too. It's kinda boring, but Seohyun is funny sometimes." she said as they drove off.

"How's mum to you?"

"I only saw her once. I was busy the rest of the day." he chuckled at her being busy on her first day. He noticed how she leaned against the window, eyes half closed.

"Just sleep. I'll take you home." and in three seconds, she did. Once they reached, Taeyong checked and found her deep asleep. He got out first, then carefully opened her door, and pulled her over his back. He carried her up to their room, and laid her on the bed. One by one, he took off her shoes and socks, then accessories, and even wiped off the little bit of makeup she wore.

Finally, he carefully changed her clothes into her pyjamas. He smiled as he tucked her in, knowing that he would be getting used to this soon.

Taeyong left to the bathroom and changed himself before lying next to Seulgi in bed. He stared at her sleeping face, brushing his fingers over her features. He kissed her forehead before pulling her in, hugging her to sleep himself.

~•~

Final Selection Day
All probationary workers, please head to third floor meeting room.

"Oh my gosh Seulgi! What if... I get fired? What if I..." Seulgi shushed Seohyun while reading the notice board. She knows how nervous she feels, because they both feel the same. They head to the elevator, Seohyun continuously fussing over wether she's staying or not.

They enter the meeting room, and spot Krystal already sitting on one side, and the sales department duo on the other. They quickly take their places, and the manager soon came in.

"OK. I'm short of time, so I'm gonna be really quick and straight. Sales department," the two heads shoot up at her. "Ms. Ko Eunji. Congrats, you got the job. Ms. Oh Jimin, sorry to say, but you obviously didn't. But, we are welcomed to keep you as an intern, until whenever." the girl nodded in agreement, and the lady turned to the other three.

"OK, so only two of you. Ms. Kang Seulgi, and Ms. Krystal Jung," Seohyun sighed losing all hope. "You two got the permanent jobs, while Ms. Seo," her head shot up, "We have decided to move you to our branch in France."

Seohyun's head fell on the table, and Seulgi was sure she fainted. She shook the girl, along with Eunji, who splattered water onto her face. Surprisingly enough, it worked.

"Huh... Seulgi... Was that a dream? Me going to France?" Seulgi simply nodded her head towards the manager, who was shocked by Seohyun. Seohyun shot up from her seat, hugging Seulgi.

"I'M GOING TO FRANCE!!!" everyone else clapped for her, except Krystal, who left the room.

"Wow Seohyun. Wish I was that good." Jimin frowned, and Seohyun patted her back. They left the room, and Seulgi went up to find a new desk placed just for her. She smiled as she sat in her new place, but frowned when she found work already waiting for her.

Seulgi got right into it, and worked the rest of the day, coming up with new designs, concepts, themes and other stuff. She liked it, even though it was tiring. She was happy to be able to do what she loved.

ΦΦΦ