Chapter 1

Seulgi walked out of class and to the café. Second year of uni, and coffee was now more of a requirement than a treat for her. But she resisted this time, and opted for some fresh juice instead. She took her order and sat at a corner, revising through today's lessons. After half an hour, she gets up and returns to campus. She makes her way to her class, and sees only one place empty, next to...

"Hi. Is this seat taken?"

"Uh... No. You can sit." he motions her to the empty seat next to him. Seulgi sat and took out her things, when he tapped her shoulder.

"Sorry, but... Are you... Seulgi? From ________ Highschool?" she was taken aback, but nodded.

"Ah... I'm Taeyong from class 11-C of 20__. We were in the same batch. I remember your art being shown on stage, when you won the state competition thing." Seulgi grinned, nodding at him.

"So, if it's 11-C, do you know Mr. Yesung? He was, if I remember correctly, the literature teacher, and you're homeroom teacher too. He was famous for making everything sound sad, especially when singing." she snickered as she spoke, and Taeyong chuckled at her, nodding, agreeing with her. The two continued talking about their old school, and class started.

Seulgi felt a paper slide onto her book, and found a number.

010-********
T.Yong

She took it and put in her pencil case, then did the same thing.

010-********
Seulgi

Taeyong smirked as he took out his phone and copied in the number. He saved it, then went back to writing notes. Once class ended, Seulgi got up and walked out, suddenly stopped by Taeyong.

"Hey, I was wondering if you'd like to grab dinner together. It's been a while since I actually had a friend here." Seulgi thought for a while, realising she didn't have any plans either, so agreed. They walked to a nearby tent and ordered their food, and sat chatting while waiting.

"So you know Ms. Tiffany right? She left halfway through our year."

"Yeah. I kinda missed her, but I miss Mr. Heechul the most. You know, the psychotic teacher we had." Taeyong laughed at the mention of the teacher.

"Yea. I remember he once fought with a transfer student about getting the answer right first!"

"And he would dance to famous songs whenever someone's phone went off instead of confiscating it! And he was the only one who spoke down to Principal Kang Hodong, and not get fired." they laughed together as if they were old friends.

"By the way, why have I never met you before? It's already second year." Taeyong questioned.

"I uh... Changed my course a few weeks ago. I used to be in business."

"Oh, I'm in business, but my classes crash with my other course, so I take the afternoon ones sometimes." they continued talking and soon head out.

"Where do you live? I'll walk you home since it's getting late."

"Oh you don't have to. I live in the rental rooms, ten minutes from here. How about you?"

"I stay with my parents. It's a little far, so I drive. But today, I have to take the bus, since my car's in the workshop. I'll walk you, it's faster to the bus stop that way for me too." Seulgi smiled and nodded. They walked for a while in silence, when it started raining.